Other games thread

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Matt Leinart: "Clemson one of the best teams in the country."

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I worry about our secondary when the deep ball is thrown more and more. That’s how Syracuse beat us as well as a large portion of clemsons big plays.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
I do not like Ohio State, but I am pulling for them to go undefeated.

F UGA
F Clemson
F Bama
F Everyone

Its like when Terry Funk asked Dusty Rhodes to be his partner against Ole and Gene Anderson, they hated each other, but at that moment they both hated the Anderson’s more.

Last edited:

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
it just makes me smile inside and out
Imagine having the most talented team on paper in college football. You pass up Jacob Eason (4th rounder) for Jake Fromm (5th rounder), completely whiff on Justin Fields ( to be 1st rounder), and then go with a walk-on turned juco transfer.

A juco QB still put up 3 scores on a Nick Saban defense thanks to all that talent. Just imagine what Georgia would be with competent roster management. Kirby Smart is a gift. I hope they find someone equally as incompetent when he leaves.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I do not like Ohio State, but I am pulling for them to go undefeated.

F UGA
F Clemson
F Bama
F Everyone

Its like when Dusty Rhodes asked Terry Funk to be his partner against Ole and Gene Anderson -Funk, “Rhodes, I hate you, but I will team with you against the Anderson’s, because I hate them more right now.”
If UGA wasn't somewhat in the picture, I'd root for chaos. But as long as UGA is a semi-realistic contender, I want the superior teams standing in their way.

Plus, as fun as it is watching underdogs upset the applecart, the games are just better if you have the best teams facing off. Watching Notre Dame getting thrown around like a rag doll is only entertaining for so long.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Imagine having the most talented team on paper in college football. You pass up Jacob Eason (4th rounder) for Jake Fromm (5th rounder), completely whiff on Justin Fields ( to be 1st rounder), and then go with a walk-on turned juco transfer.

A juco QB still put up 3 scores on a Nick Saban defense thanks to all that talent. Just imagine what Georgia would be with competent roster management. Kirby Smart is a gift. I hope they find someone equally as incompetent when he leaves.
Fields would have been day 1 starter if Saban were coaching the Gaggers

gtfan088

Dodd-Like

Their mismanagement at QB under Kirby is pretty glaring. And even under Richt, they had good QBs, but never a transcendent talent. Stafford was wildly overrated based on arm strength.

What's bizarre to me is how they seem fixated on the game manager model of quarterback that even Saban, who realizes that it's an offensive game now, has abandoned.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Called PI when reciever and defender collided for an uncatchable ball. Weird call
Then they called a face mask on Neb but OSU guy was holding him the entire time. Should have been offsetting. This was on a punt and just before half.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
It;s still early, but some here will be happy to see that Tulane is beating UCF 14-10.