Our Fight Songs

That's interesting. I didn't know who hated who the worst in NC (UNC, Dook, Weak, NC A&M). Certainly stands to reason in hoops that the goats and the imps hate each other.

On a side note, does anyone recall a concerted effort on the part of TECH (official or otherwise) to quell that incessant
"glory glory to ole UGAg" refrain that the marching redneck band strikes up every 2 seconds?
Talk about obnoxious! That sort of redneck preening and ignorant celebration needs a good nuking!

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
and yes, Tech fans have UGA on the brain WAY TOO MUCH. But it is a Catch 22 that can't be shaked.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Was it the Yale Bowl? That's where they got a lot of stuff, I think, from Yale. Maybe even the bulldog.[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bellyseries,

IIRC, the first President of UGA was from Yale and brought over the bulldog, stadium.

that incessant
"glory glory to ole UGAg" refrain that the marching redneck band strikes up every 2 seconds?
Talk about obnoxious! That sort of redneck preening and ignorant celebration needs a good nuking!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahh, shades of "Rocky Top" and Clemson's "Tiger Rag." They must play those songs 30-40 times a game. Add a little variety, fellas.

And after checking around, I found out that someone has copied and altered "Up with the White and Gold."

Have a listen to THIS . . . It's the University of Montana fight song. Coincidence? I think not.
wtf.gif

Originally posted by JoltinJacket:
And after checking around, I found out that someone has copied and altered "Up with the White and Gold."

Have a listen to THIS . . . It's the University of Montana fight song. Coincidence? I think not.
wtf.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">For the edification of the masses.
"Up with the White and Gold" is an exact copy of "Stanford Jonah" from the University of California. This is the oldest reference of the song. Navy(from playing Cal) and Montana(from employing Cal grads) also picked up the song.

Our version is the closest to Cal's Stanford Jonah.
Love it. Sing it. Thank God we beat Cal in the Rose Bowl.

Boy was I way off! There are lots of fight songs whose lyrics reflect that team's rivalries. Sufficient enough to say, our songs only relate to ONE and only one! After reading some of these lyrics, I think ours are much more creative and go to the core of the songs with both Up With The White and Gold and Ramblin'Wreck!

71Bee: Information on the UGAG Bulldog and G was interesting - a Yale grad their lst President soungs impressive. What's happended after him is all down hill!

I've been to the Yale Bowl and saw a Harvard/Yale Game in the early 70's. Bulldog didn't mean much to me back then other then me rooting against them because I was there with Harvard fans and rooting for the Crimson.

Back