Patenaude or Thacker?

BuzzinWreck78

Helluva Engineer
Give them both hugs and say goodbye.
At least one newbie needs HC experience since we'll have a shakeup during the season next year.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
If i had to pick one thacker for sure. Patenaude is doing much better than his counterpart. Patenaude some odd calls but we don’t know if collins is forcing that. And key is not helping Patenaude.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
If i had to pick one thacker for sure. Patenaude is doing much better than his counterpart. Patenaude some odd calls but we don’t know if collins is forcing that. And key is not helping Patenaude.
Send Key’s ass packing too. Way overpaid for what he’s delivered.

johncu

Dodd-Like
I actually like Coach P. He seems like a pretty cerebral guy. And he gets the same benefit that I gave CPJ which is that when the OL sucks it doesn’t matter what plays are being called. We went through the same stuff with CPJ (who I think most agree was a top grade play caller) having games where nothing worked because the OL was getting blown up every play.
Looking at the numbers, I’m not sure how you can make a comparison. After 3 years, the high-water mark is a 2015-type season, only with significantly better talent.

Offensive FEI ratings since FEI was established:

2007 - 67

2008 - 31
2009 - 2
2010 - 61
2011 - 13
2012 - 15
2013 - 33
2014 - 2
2015 - 78
2016 - 29
2017 - 23
2018 - 19

2019 - 94
2020 - 92
2021 - 78

We may have had games where the opponent was well-prepared and stuffed us, but by and large our offense were good every season. I don’t think CDP has earned any benefit of the doubt at this point.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Looking at the numbers, I’m not sure how you can make a comparison. After 3 years, the high-water mark is a 2015-type season, only with significantly better talent.

Offensive FEI ratings since FEI was established:

2007 - 67

2008 - 31
2009 - 2
2010 - 61
2011 - 13
2012 - 15
2013 - 33
2014 - 2
2015 - 78
2016 - 29
2017 - 23
2018 - 19

2019 - 94
2020 - 92
2021 - 78

We may have had games where the opponent was well-prepared and stuffed us, but by and large our offense were good every season. I don’t think CDP has earned any benefit of the doubt at this point.
Because FEI was a stupid metric that option fans jacked off to while in the midst of a 3 win season.

Techfan02

Hope is pain
Pretty much this. Collins should have focused his rebuild on establishing the defense; but instead it looks like he focused on offense. Defense may not win championships like it did a decade ago; but you won't win much of anything without it. Defense and special teams should have been the focus 3 years ago while the offense developed; but our D and special teams are both atrocious.

The problem now is that some good DC's will be looking at Collins' job and will be trying to submarine him like O'leary did Lewis. Maybe that is not a bad thing if TStan can find a DC that has HC potential and force such a guy on CGC.

I think Pnope stays. He'll be the new Sewak. Maybe we'll get a competent OL and Pnope will start looking competent as a result (I keep having to remind myself that Pnope isn't responsible for Key and OL).
Will argue that defense wins championships for the rest of time. look what is coming this saturday.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I think Patenaude did a passable job shepherding the transition when few OC's probably wanted the job. We need to step it up, though. Not sure P'node is a draw with higher level QB recruits. Find me an up and coming QBs coach.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Because FEI was a stupid metric that option fans jacked off to while in the midst of a 3 win season.
That seems like a childish way to react to stats that don’t say what you want them to. FEI is far from perfect, but it’s a much better indicator than total offense/defense.

The reality is that our offense is still bad this year. We hit some big plays, but we can’t sustain drives or keep our defense off the field. It’s better than the defense, but that’s a pretty low bar.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
That seems like a childish way to react to stats that don’t say what you want them to. FEI is far from perfect, but it’s a much better indicator than total offense/defense.

The reality is that our offense is still bad this year. We hit some big plays, but we can’t sustain drives or keep our defense off the field. It’s better than the defense, but that’s a pretty low bar.
I look at the stat that matters. Final score. I don’t really give a öööö about the FEI when we are losing. FEI was the main retreat of the option first people when we were in the twilight of the Johnson era. We argued about that extensively because we had plenty of games that looked like absolute dogshit under Johnson but the FEI!

And our offense sucks now. I dont dispute that. The only point I was making was that TQM getting sacked before he could even step to the mesh did not mean CPJ called a bad play. Hell, we don’t even know what the play was because it was an abortion at the snap. The same with Coach P and this wet fart of an OL.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Patendude working with a terrible Oline and young QBs. the defense isn’t that young.. so.. I knew they didn’t know what end was up starting curry for 2 years straight.. the defense has been a clown show even more than offense past 3 years and pretty much with CPJ too. It’s never competent