Paul Johnson Crushes Geoff Collins

Please delete this, mods. We don't say that name around here.

I'm looking forward to 10/12 though.

Repost

How is this a repost? The other is audio.

He makes an interesting point about revisionist history. The stuff Collins was doing was exactly the same as what some of you todds were doing.

I don't really have a problem with Collins name being mentioned or whatever. It's history, it happened, it sucked, all those things are true but the last thing we need to do is forget. It's just the opposite, it should be so ingrained into our memories that it has a positive effect on everything that comes after (to whatever extent we can influence that). Wiping it from the collective memory by never mentioning the name, yeah I get it, it's a cute schtick but that just leads back to the soft language and aww shucks attitudes which are counter productive. öööö that, piling on the idiocy of Collins to the end of time is more useful and productive.

I don't really have a problem with Collins name being mentioned or whatever. It's history, it happened, it sucked, all those things are true but the last thing we need to do is forget. It's just the opposite, it should be so ingrained into our memories that it has a positive effect on everything that comes after (to whatever extent we can influence that). Wiping it from the collective memory by never mentioning the name, yeah I get it, it's a cute schtick but that just leads back to the soft language and aww shucks attitudes which are counter productive. öööö that, piling on the idiocy of Collins to the end of time is more useful and productive.
As the saying goes; if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's very likely a duck....(obviously substituting terms or phrases where necessary)

Isnt StingTalk just a website full of dudes giving themselves nicknames?

tenor.gif

How is this a repost? The other is audio.

He makes an interesting point about revisionist history. The stuff Collins was doing was exactly the same as what some of you todds were doing.
FWIW, the article is only about 5-10 min worth of a nearly hour long interview. There's more in there if you listen.

Back