Paul Johnson Show

One thing he said regarding what kind of year JT will have: "He's GONNA be surrounded by better people this year than he was last year."
He likened it to '14. I think for him to say that definitely, not a "let's hope" or "they might be better", is a pretty big indication of where he feels the O is at.

I was thinking the same thing when I heard that comment. That is PJ's way of saying that this team is damn good...

if we can get to 10 wins it would be a great sign, because a lot of these guys are young. and they will need to carry us with a new QB after this year... but thats getting ahead of ourselves

10 wins this year, would that appease the Stingtalkers?

CPJ's tone this offseason is a complete 180 from how he sounded during last year's preseason. Anyone remember his "you should see em' practice" comment?

CPJ is a gruff, no nonsense kind of coach. He calls a spade a spade and his comments last night and throughout camp have got me pretty damn excited.

Hype Train is now boarding....

Live footage of the hype train:
giphy.gif

Fire up hype afterburners boys!

<<goes to check on butthurt trading futures thread>>

if we can get to 10 wins it would be a great sign, because a lot of these guys are young. and they will need to carry us with a new QB after this year... but thats getting ahead of ourselves

10 wins this year, would that appease the Stingtalkers?

If one of those 10 is uga, yes. If not, no.

If one of those 10 is uga, yes. If not, no.

so 9 + Georgie OR 11 with no Georgie?

if we were to lose to Georgie, how many games would we have to win to lessen butthurt?

(this is one way to norm the market... you could establish value based on EXPECTATION, i guess sort of what beej is doing)

Turn 'em loose, Paul. Lots of opposing fans deserve ass kickings after last year.

so 9 + Georgie OR 11 with no Georgie?

if we were to lose to Georgie, how many games would we have to win to lessen butthurt?

(this is one way to norm the market... you could establish value based on EXPECTATION, i guess sort of what beej is doing)

I'll take 9 wins including Georgie. I won't take anything without Georgie. It will taint the rest of the season.

I'll take 9 wins including Georgie. I won't take anything without Georgie. It will taint the rest of the season.

and this reply should explain clearly to everyone the reasons why no PREDICTIVE MODEL can ever establish the value of Butthurt

the market expects buyers to be rational, and clearly the butthurt market is not rational. if you are only happy if you beat one specific team, then you are not evaluating the market based on the fundamentals of wins and losses. no rational market ---> no predictive market

also, i will have to lump you into the dumbass group of folks that hinge the whole football season on competing with a team that lives under a different paradigm than us, and forsaking what college football is for the sake for stupid mutts. do not approve

and this reply should explain clearly to everyone the reasons why no PREDICTIVE MODEL can ever establish the value of Butthurt

the market expects buyers to be rational, and clearly the butthurt market is not rational. if you are only happy if you beat one specific team, then you are not evaluating the market based on the fundamentals of wins and losses. no rational market ---> no predictive market

Fan comes from the word fanatic which means "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal for a cause". There's no rational reasoning in being a fan, and it is irrational to find logic in a fan's actions. So your judgment on whether another fan is being rational or not is a totally moot point because I think you're being irrational by wanting any scenario that doesn't include the utter destruction of dawg nation. So you are actually the reason we can never establish the value of butthurt.

Fan comes from the word fanatic which means "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal for a cause". There's no rational reasoning in being a fan, and it is irrational to find logic in a fan's actions. So your judgment on whether another fan is being rational or not is a totally moot point because I think you're being irrational by wanting any scenario that doesn't include the utter destruction of dawg nation. So you are actually the reason we can never establish the value of butthurt.

but i do want the utter destruction of Georgie. however, i see that winning all the games but that one would also be a great achievement. that makes me rational and you dependent on mutt idiots for your happiness

but i do want the utter destruction of Georgie. however, i see that winning all the games but that one would also be a great achievement. that makes me rational and you dependent on mutt idiots for your happiness

No it makes me a fan who wants to always push his team for greater glory and it makes you a fan who will settle for mediocrity.

No it makes me a fan who wants to always push his team for greater glory and it makes you a fan who will settle for mediocrity.

if you think that 11-1 is mediocrity then you are irrational

point made

if you think that 11-1 is mediocrity then you are irrational

point made

If you think losing to your instate rival two years in a row is a great achievement, it actually explains the state of the program pretty well.

Point made.

If you think losing to your instate rival two years in a row is a great achievement, it actually explains the state of the program pretty well.

Point made.

:ööööstir:

dumbasses everywhere. can you actually read? seems like you can only read some of the words.. the ones about Georgie.. if you dont think that 11-1 is a great achievement then you should not watch college football

:ööööstir:

dumbasses everywhere. can you actually read? seems like you can only read some of the words.. the ones about Georgie.. if you dont think that 11-1 is a great achievement then you should not watch college football

I don't think it's any of your business whether I should or shouldn't watch college football. If you can't argue like an adult and have to resort to name calling everytime you're losing an argument, maybe you shouldn't post on a message board dumbass.

Back