Peters parking gone?

We will definitely give that a try next week. We're going up to Berry to move her home for Christmas Break. We also like The Jerusalem Grill.

As an aside that is also GT related, my daughter texted me, yesterday, that she met Jeremiah Attaochu's younger brother, who is also a student at Berry. She was wearing one of my old GT sweatshirts, and he must have noticed it and said something to her.
It isn't far from the Jerusalem grill. Other side of the hospital next to the football stadium.

Right next to it is Aventine. Very good. We make reservations for dinner when we go.

yeah, there used to be an Arbies on the other side of the tunnel

We would walk there all times of the day...

They had 5 for $5 when I was in school. At least the basic roast beef, maybe also beef and cheddar. That ruled! Weirdly, they had no drink tie-in with Coke or Pepsi. They served RC and stuff like that.

JRjr

The Varsity could stay and still the area could be developed. It is garbage.

All of this needs redevelopment
Screenshot_20231128-095924~2.png

Don't know how it is done. I'm guessing....

875f5896-80fb-4137-bbc8-3186dd194087_text (1).gif

That land has to be worth a fortune. I have had many dreams about owning an epic Tech themed sports bar right there. Maybe at the street level of what will eventually be high-rise apartment housing.

Know an elderly couple from Richmond, VA who come to 3 or 4 games a year & park at what used to be YJA & Bobby Dodd Way. One is in a motorized wheel chair & they sit in one of the ADA sections.

Eliminate that parking & you'll eliminate them.
They run golf carts from the other on campus parking lots for folks with mobility issues. :dunno:

They run golf carts from the other on campus parking lots for folks with mobility issues. :dunno:
Yeah, they do. But motorized wheel chairs generally don't fit on a golf cart...... Golf carts don't do much for paraplegics.

They had 5 for $5 when I was in school. At least the basic roast beef, maybe also beef and cheddar. That ruled! Weirdly, they had no drink tie-in with Coke or Pepsi. They served RC and stuff like that.

JRjr

At one time that Arby's was rumored to be the busiest, highest grossing location in the US.

Yeah, they do. But motorized wheel chairs generally don't fit on a golf cart...... Golf carts don't do much for paraplegics.
They have a specific ADA route that goes up Ferst next to the Student Center. I assume that vehicle has the ability to transport someone confined to a wheelchair.

It was a park before they destroyed it and built a parking deck on it, when my Uncle played in the early 60s, or so he told me. Pretty sure he said it had a pond on it. Maybe I made that up. Regardless that’s how I always imagined it and wished it to go back to being. Good for them.

I started in fall quarter of '65, when PP was where CE guys learned to work a transit,and there was grass and trees in the bowl that later had paddle ball courts built there,long before the parking deck was a vision.

I was in a fraternity across the street from Peter’s 20 years ago and they were talking about taking it down then. Peters parking deck has been shown as being removed on the last two master plans. It’s not going to happen.

Best thing would be try to make it like the grove. Have a Friday afternoon dash to claim your spot with a tent. Have a designated pick up/drop off area where folks could set up or like someone else suggested a shuttle service from parking to/from tailgate area.
Which is too easy and means the opposite will happen.

In the 70’s there were tennis courts in Peter’s Park, and maybe a few outdoor handball/racquetball/squash courts. It was nice for students to have close courts for tennis.

In the 70’s there were tennis courts in Peter’s Park, and maybe a few outdoor handball/racquetball/squash courts. It was nice for students to have close courts for tennis.

The top of the deck is or was marked off for hoops and tennis, although I don’t think they have goals and nets any longer.

Peter's needs to be gone because, eventually, someone with the city of Atlanta is going to decide that North Avenue will not shutdown to one lane for our FB games and block party. We will need that as a park space.

I'd put a game of interest on the big screen hanging outside the north stands for folks to pregame watch when we do. Stage on the far side.

Peter's needs to be gone because, eventually, someone with the city of Atlanta is going to decide that North Avenue will not shutdown to one lane for our FB games and block party. We will need that as a park space.

I'd put a game of interest on the big screen hanging outside the north stands for folks to pregame watch when we do. Stage on the far side.
Not bad. Beer and food trucks too.

Not bad. Beer and food trucks too.
All you need to do is go to a festival, like Chomp and Stomp, and see how that is run. Maybe even let some of those organizers help run it. Food trucks, beer, stages

IMG_20231104_161734.jpg

Back