Peters parking gone?

Most of the tents on the tower green are off limits to regular fans. It is either some company or the recruits, so really the tower green is not for regular fans. It is just a walk through. There is the ACC section that just has some Jenga and cornhole, but otherwise nothing there. Basically, when you walk through, it is like being 3rd class on the Titanic or maybe Tiny Tim looking in the window at Ebenezer Scrooge. I do get it, money rents space and pays bills. It just isn't for the regular fans and I can't imagine any new fans going there and thinking "this is awesome!". Otherwise, the few things heading east on North Avenue are essentially the same little booths that used to be on Callaway (which is now dead as a doornail on GameDay)

The food truck is next to the green in the small parking lot, but it isn't really much. They have better food trucks off ga 20 in Cartersville. Need to up the game there.
The helluva block parties (3 of them) I went to this year, everyone in my group really liked it. We usually tailgate in W21. The food trucks, alcohol, advertisers, djs, etc. impressed everyone, including a friend of my brother’s friend (former Auburn OL) and his son, who is a recruit. I think it’ll only get better moving back to Calloway and we get better on the field.

Prior game there was only one food truck, IIRC, and there wasn't much of a reason to try it. No decent area to eat. No TV's to watch other games. Hell, I can go to Potato Island on Redbud in Calhoun and get that experience.
I didn't go over there Saturday, but for the two earlier games I went to, there were two. There were a few places to relax and eat, but not nearly enough. And no, there were no TVs, but I don't go to a tailgate to watch TV anyway.

They better have some plan to accommodate the old fans who park at Peters. We might lose them anyway.
Know an elderly couple from Richmond, VA who come to 3 or 4 games a year & park at what used to be YJA & Bobby Dodd Way. One is in a motorized wheel chair & they sit in one of the ADA sections.

Eliminate that parking & you'll eliminate them.

As for Peters Park, if they can change the name of Grant Field, they can change the name of Peters Park.

As the campus expanded in the late '60s & early '70s, the brilliant minds in Campus Planning would put down sidewalks between the new buildings that made no sense, then come unglued when students wouldn't use their sidewalks, a straight line being.... well, you know. Then GT would go back in & put down new walk ways where the grass was worn out. Clyde Whats-His-Name was director of Campus Planning & the running joke was he was an Auburn grad.

As for game day parking, have been using the AT&T parking buildings on 3rd or 4th & Spring, or the one at 4th & West Peachtree, for years. Much, much easier exit post-game, even if you used the 3rd Street tunnel to escape (or be held prisoner with UGag fans) the campus.

Know an elderly couple from Richmond, VA who come to 3 or 4 games a year & park at what used to be YJA & Bobby Dodd Way. One is in a motorized wheel chair & they sit in one of the ADA sections.

As for Peters Park, if they can change the name of Grant Field, they can change the name of Peters Park.

As the campus expanded in the late '60s & early '70s, the brilliant minds in Campus Planning would put down sidewalks between the new buildings that made no sense, then come unglued when students wouldn't use their sidewalks, a straight line being.... well, you know. Then GT would go back in & put down new walk ways where the grass was worn out. Clyde Whats-His-Name was director of Campus Planning & the running joke was he was an Auburn grad.

As for game day parking, have been using the AT&T parking buildings on 3rd or 4th & Spring, or the one at 4th & West Peachtree, for years. Much, much easier exit post-game, even if you used the 3rd Street tunnel to escape (or be held prisoner with UGag fans) the campus.

Things went to öööö when they shut down the people mover from West Campus to the Student Center. At least they left a nice fenced-in sidewalk with a rail down the middle. And the reflective mirror array, solar-powered generator could have powered the people mover for free.

So a caravan of angry drunks hauling stuff from the center of campus out to the perimeter when it's time to break the tailgate down. Doesn't sound very tailgate friendly
Tailgate rental company will take over that area.

Coming from Augusta, the AT&T is incredibly easy to access and easy to get from and back to I-20 east. And it is cheap....only $20.00

Coming from Augusta, the AT&T is incredibly easy to access and easy to get from and back to I-20 east. And it is cheap....only $20.00
I still have PTSD from trying to exit the att deck Halloween weekend after a glorious Clemson night game. Took an hour and a half just to get out of the deck.

We used to get mugged on a nightly basis in that tunnel. It builds character. Tech students have it too easy these days.
I was in Harris for 2 years. Never had an issues with the tunnel. It was more common for panhandlers to hit me up to and from Wendy’s.

I still have PTSD from trying to exit the att deck Halloween weekend after a glorious Clemson night game. Took an hour and a half just to get out of the deck.
Really? Even Saturday night, it was pretty sparsely occupied. I figured it would be full of mutt fans, and there were a good many of them, but it was far from being full. It took me 15 minutes to get out, whereas for other games, it has taken me about 5 minutes.

Tailgate rental company will take over that area.
Best thing would be try to make it like the grove. Have a Friday afternoon dash to claim your spot with a tent. Have a designated pick up/drop off area where folks could set up or like someone else suggested a shuttle service from parking to/from tailgate area.

Too much opportunity to keep the 3rd street tunnel closed. Provide security, develop the block on the other side. How dumb is it that the best route from East housing to Tech Square is closed. The weird thing is that it was open for years in objectively much more dangerous times. It will be interesting to see what happens when the Gordys finally cash in.

Closing 5th between Spring and W Peachtree seems like a good idea.

Too much opportunity to keep the 3rd street tunnel closed. Provide security, develop the block on the other side. How dumb is it that the best route from East housing to Tech Square is closed. The weird thing is that it was open for years in objectively much more dangerous times. It will be interesting to see what happens when the Gordys finally cash in.

The Varsity could stay and still the area could be developed. It is garbage.

All of this needs redevelopment
Screenshot_20231128-095924~2.png

Don't know how it is done. I'm guessing....

875f5896-80fb-4137-bbc8-3186dd194087_text (1).gif

My daughter is a student at Berry. She told me this past weekend that they are building a new Varsity Restaurant in Rome! :dunno: I don't have any idea what that means, but it is interesting!

My daughter is a student at Berry. She told me this past weekend that they are building a new Varsity Restaurant in Rome! :dunno: I don't have any idea what that means, but it is interesting!
Right near the "5 points" area in Rome near downtown. Downtown Rome is growing like crazy. The old downtown is getting expensive.

If you're up that way, I recommend Blossom Hill

I also believe a Varsity is going in Cartersville near Savoy.

Correction.....Emerson near the ballfields next to Chick Fil A

yeah, there used to be an Arbies on the other side of the tunnel

We would walk there all times of the day...

The tunnel has been open and closed at various times over the years. Seems to go in cycles.

Right near the "5 points" area in Rome near downtown. Downtown Rome is growing like crazy. The old downtown is getting expensive.

If you're up that way, I recommend Blossom Hill

We will definitely give that a try next week. We're going up to Berry to move her home for Christmas Break. We also like The Jerusalem Grill.

As an aside that is also GT related, my daughter texted me, yesterday, that she met Jeremiah Attaochu's younger brother, who is also a student at Berry. She was wearing one of my old GT sweatshirts, and he must have noticed it and said something to her.

Back