Peters parking gone?

There are also now a lot of Tech buildings on the east side of the connector. They need to provide parking over there too (in fact, it's been needed for a long time), and allow tailgating in those decks. I was told last year by the ticket seller at the AT&T deck that until the previous year, Tech had a contract for game-day parking there and allowed tailgating. But when Tech stopped the contract (for unknown reasons), the deck no longer allowed tailgating. There are some large decks on that side of the connector already, so Tech needs to get them contracted again for game-day parking and tailgating.

I think they only open it during game days. Became too much of a crime hazard years ago, dunno when they actually started closing it off.

JRjr
yep. Too many bums sleeping/begging/ pan handling/urinating/shake downs. Typical Atlanta outdoorsmen!!

Regarding the tunnel. Most of Spring north of the V is much better area than in the past but the V intersection is still shady.

You would have to have full time guards to keep the homeless out.

That's what they did on the Tower green this year. It was pretty cool.
Most of the tents on the tower green are off limits to regular fans. It is either some company or the recruits, so really the tower green is not for regular fans. It is just a walk through. There is the ACC section that just has some Jenga and cornhole, but otherwise nothing there. Basically, when you walk through, it is like being 3rd class on the Titanic or maybe Tiny Tim looking in the window at Ebenezer Scrooge. I do get it, money rents space and pays bills. It just isn't for the regular fans and I can't imagine any new fans going there and thinking "this is awesome!". Otherwise, the few things heading east on North Avenue are essentially the same little booths that used to be on Callaway (which is now dead as a doornail on GameDay)

The food truck is next to the green in the small parking lot, but it isn't really much. They have better food trucks off ga 20 in Cartersville. Need to up the game there.

Most of the tents on the tower green are off limits to regular fans. It is either some company or the recruits, so really the tower green is not for regular fans. It is just a walk through. There is the ACC section that just has some Jenga and cornhole, but otherwise nothing there. Basically, when you walk through, it is like being 3rd class on the Titanic or maybe Tiny Tim looking in the window at Ebenezer Scrooge. I do get it, money rents space and pays bills. It just isn't for the regular fans and I can't imagine any new fans going there and thinking "this is awesome!". Otherwise, the few things heading east on North Avenue are essentially the same little booths that used to be on Callaway (which is now dead as a doornail on GameDay)

The food truck is next to the green in the small parking lot, but it isn't really much. They have better food trucks off ga 20 in Cartersville. Need to up the game there.
Yeah, I know about the private tents, but on the west side of the green, they had food trucks, and the two I sampled were both pretty damn good. I don't know if they had them on Callaway, but bring in some more good ones, and the whole experience is open and enjoyable to everyone.

CSB: Once upon a time, Tech PD woke me from dozing in my car while I was parked in Peters. I was just resting before classes after having dropped my GF off at work. I had a permit. My guess is it was a wellness check and they wanted to make sure I wasn't dead.
Were you dead?

Yeah, I know about the private tents, but on the west side of the green, they had food trucks, and the two I sampled were both pretty damn good. I don't know if they had them on Callaway, but bring in some more good ones, and the whole experience is open and enjoyable to everyone.
They didn't have food trucks on Callaway but Chick-fil-A and a few others had setups. When crowds are involved I find food trucks very slow.

They didn't have food trucks on Callaway but Chick-fil-A and a few others had setups. When crowds are involved I find food trucks very slow.
One of the two I tried was pretty fast, but the other was relatively slow, but not really a problem. They were both excellent and not what I considered over-priced.

Maybe the trucks will sell Aramark/Sysco stadium food :ughpink:

CSB: Once upon a time, Tech PD woke me from dozing in my car while I was parked in Peters. I was just resting before classes after having dropped my GF off at work. I had a permit. My guess is it was a wellness check and they wanted to make sure I wasn't dead.

CSB: I slept in my car in Peters once after some sorority event where I was definitely too drunk to make my short drive home. Fortunately no one checked on me and I was able to drive home around dawn.

CSB: I slept in my car in Peters once after some sorority event where I was definitely too drunk to make my short drive home. Fortunately no one checked on me and I was able to drive home around dawn.

Why didn't you wake up next to a sorority chick?

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

One of the two I tried was pretty fast, but the other was relatively slow, but not really a problem. They were both excellent and not what I considered over-priced.
Prior game there was only one food truck, IIRC, and there wasn't much of a reason to try it. No decent area to eat. No TV's to watch other games. Hell, I can go to Potato Island on Redbud in Calhoun and get that experience.

Ah, the 3rd Street tunnel. From FASET orientation, “It can get you to the BellSouth station faster, but don’t go down there unless you want to get stabbed.”

Then why wouldn't your wife get out of the truck? What did you say to her?
I swear I didn’t tell her anything. I just showed her your picture. She mumbled something about being drunk a lot back then.

Ah, the 3rd Street tunnel. From FASET orientation, “It can get you to the BellSouth station faster, but don’t go down there unless you want to get stabbed.”
Not if I stab you first.

I swear I didn’t tell her anything. I just showed her your picture. She mumbled something about being drunk a lot back then.
She reportedly said "does he have a non mugshot pic?"

Back