Phil Steele says...

Yep, we have not done well in bowls and the truth be known our one win was vs a 2nd string QB and a disinterested them
-fact-looking back at stats--our OFF has not matched even the season average in any bowl and some times well below
we have got to prove we can break the pattern,without Smelter that will be hard

The other thing is that with the exception USC (where we won) and Air Force (where they had great familiarity with our coach and scheme) we've faced more or less defense-focused teams.

We have simply not had the hogs we do this season. Our offense in the past HAS thrived IMO on a certain element of surprise that isn't afforded during the layoff leading up to bowls. This year though we do, and that's why I think we will surprise some people with our performance.

We have simply not had the hogs we do this season. Our offense in the past HAS thrived IMO on a certain element of surprise that isn't afforded during the layoff leading up to bowls. This year though we do, and that's why I think we will surprise some people with our performance.

By hogs I assume you mean OL? We certainly had our share of NFL studs on the 2008 and 2009 squads.

See?

Flipper is never wrong. Like, literally. He has never picked wrong.

flipper.jpg

there was this one time though...

16188819775_132985ae3a_o.jpg

Back