Pitt Game Rescheduled

I'm not thrilled with it, but I always feel like the kind of wording "3 games in 13 days" (or 3 games in less than 2 weeks) makes it sound way crazier than it actually is. I mean, when playing regular Saturday games 3 weeks in a row is "3 games in 15 days" (or 3 games in slightly more than 2 weeks). And as others have mentioned, while not great, I'm pretty sure it's not unprecedented either.

Majorly sucks that we have a primetime Thursday night game on an RSN though (get your öööö together, ACC). Also sucks that it sounds like it will be a short week for us and not for them.

I'm not thrilled with it, but I always feel like the kind of wording "3 games in 13 days" (or 3 games in less than 2 weeks) makes it sound way crazier than it actually is. I mean, when playing regular Saturday games 3 weeks in a row is "3 games in 15 days" (or 3 games in slightly more than 2 weeks). And as others have mentioned, while not great, I'm pretty sure it's not unprecedented either.

Majorly sucks that we have a primetime Thursday night game on an RSN though (get your öööö together, ACC). Also sucks that it sounds like it will be a short week for us and not for them.
I was about to make this exact point. That "3 games in 13 days" BS is a pet peeve of mine. Every 3 week span of games on Saturdays is 3 games in 15 days. My biggest issue, as someone else pointed out, is that we have a short week to prepare for Pitt (coming off a road game) and they do not.

I was about to make this exact point. That "3 games in 13 days" BS is a pet peeve of mine. Every 3 week span of games on Saturdays is 3 games in 15 days. My biggest issue, as someone else pointed out, is that we have a short week to prepare for Pitt (coming off a road game) and they do not.
Every lost day of recovery in a game this violent is exponential. So, it’s not just it’s only 2 days why u mad tho?

It’s why teams hate really early or really late byes. Those compounding weeks quickly take their toll.

I wonder if, in situations like this, the opposing coach ever has like a game watch party with the team. "Guys, we're going to order a öööö-ton of Papa Johns and Mountian Dew and watch our opponent's game tonight. Bring your fat little girlfriends too"

It’s why teams hate really early or really late byes. Those compounding weeks quickly take their toll.

I guess it’s lucky for us that we’ll have had a month off to rest up and get heathy for the grueling gauntlet of Duke, @NC State, and Pitt in an unprecedented slightly less than normal stretch (in the midst of a global pandemic).

JRjr

Back