Player Hit By Car In Recruiting Stunt

That gets to another issue not fit for the football forum: in today's society, if you don't graduate from college, you're considered a failure. That's not true and not a healthy attitude to have about education.

Maybe I'm missing his point, but I didn't see where Cheese was dissing the guy. The guy may not be college material in the athletic or academic arena; no one said that makes him a bad guy. BUT thinking this stunt was going to get him to college makes him hilariously ignorant.

I didn't say that anyone was dissing him. I'm saying that it's a sad situation that he believed he needed to do something this dangerous.

I didn't say that anyone was dissing him. I'm saying that it's a sad situation that he believed he needed to do something this dangerous.

Hewitt.0313+HS01.JPG

Moar DRad.

The truth is that guys like this only go to college so they can play football. They don't play football so they can go to college. Sad story, though. Hope he recovers OK.

The truth is that guys like this only go to college so they can play football. They don't play football so they can go to college. Sad story, though. Hope he recovers OK.

I intend to believe the best in people*, which is that he is striving to be the best he can be. The intention is admirable regardless of whether he wanted to attend college to improve his understanding of quantum physics or to be challenged at one of the highest levels possible of physical competition.

* I believe the best in people until they prove me wrong, e.g. DRad.

I intend to believe the best in people*, which is that he is striving to be the best he can be. The intention is admirable regardless of whether he wanted to attend college to improve his understanding of quantum physics or to be challenged at one of the highest levels possible of physical competition.

* I believe the best in people until they prove me wrong, e.g. DRad.

DRad raising athletic fees proved you wrong, but this guy essentially hitting himself with a car and getting a family member criminal charges at the same time on video is a two sided story?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

This will be a Tosh.O redemtion skit....count on it...

I was thinking that as soon as I saw it, and doubly when we were called cruel. Want to see cruel? Just watch for that clip.

This.

Why's it always society's fault?? Can't some people just be stupid?

DRad raising athletic fees proved you wrong...

The problem wasn't that he raised athletic fees, it's that rather than justifying the need for the fees, he basically told the graduate students to f--- off when asked. And that's not even the worst of it.

He also:
1. Cost GT an ACC championship because of his own arrogance
2. Has completely mishandled student relations
3. Has no discernible media strategy
4. Spearheaded a policy to alienate groups interested in sponsoring GT athletics (i.e. why the Subway franchisees in Atlanta wear UGA shirts - the original proposal according to a franchise owner that I know was to wear GT in Atlanta and UGA outside the perimeter but GT denied the sponsorship).
5. Has completely blown the academic management of the GTAA
6. Has no strategic plan.

Basically, the guy is a manager and not an executive (and he's fallen short as a manager). This would be fine in a organization like a pro team where there's a general manager running the team and a leadership team planning the future. This doesn't work in an AA where the AD develops the strategy.

The problem wasn't that he raised athletic fees, it's that rather than justifying the need for the fees, he basically told the graduate students to f--- off when asked. And that's not even the worst of it.

He also:
1. Cost GT an ACC championship because of his own arrogance
2. Has completely mishandled student relations
3. Has no discernible media strategy
4. Spearheaded a policy to alienate groups interested in sponsoring GT athletics (i.e. why the Subway franchisees in Atlanta wear UGA shirts - the original proposal according to a franchise owner that I know was to wear GT in Atlanta and UGA outside the perimeter but GT denied the sponsorship).
5. Has completely blown the academic management of the GTAA
6. Has no strategic plan.

Basically, the guy is a manager and not an executive (and he's fallen short as a manager). This would be fine in a organization like a pro team where there's a general manager running the team and a leadership team planning the future. This doesn't work in an AA where the AD develops the strategy.

Did you take the pledge?

"I pledge to honor and uphold The Gold Standard. I will strive to create a positive environment for my team and fellow fans. I will cheer for Georgia Tech, rather than against the opponent. I will conduct myself in a positive manner, showing respect, responsibility and leadership to Georgia Tech. It's up with the White & Gold...Georgia Tech is out for a victory!"

Did you take the pledge?

"I pledge to honor and uphold The Gold Standard. I will strive to create a positive environment for my team and fellow fans. I will cheer for Georgia Tech, rather than against the opponent. I will conduct myself in a positive manner, showing respect, responsibility and leadership to Georgia Tech. It's up with the White & Gold...Georgia Tech is out for a victory!"

You believe that this is a strategy?

Back