Players don't care....

Status
Not open for further replies.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
validated by PJ in todays ajc.

nealy -> UGA a 8.5 out of 10 for hate. How can that be. UGA is a 11, and everything else goes down from there. That statement pre UGA game made me pause...then I thought, well maybe he is afraid of bulletin material, or just dumb.

Paul yesterday stated the players didn't give full effort vs UGA. It was very upsetting to him.etc etc.

How can a player not give his full effort vs your #1 rival in year 5 of a coaches tenure?

The only way this can happen is if you allow it.

Paul needs to pull scholarships. I am sorry. You are at tech to play the game. You would not have gotten into tech unless you could play the game. If you choose not to play the game, then we should choose not to keep you. Enough is enough. It is too many games this year to allow this to happen. He needs to set a new tone since we know he will be here at least another year.

Start by calling their high school coach to tell him why you are doing this. Call his family to discuss why. Tell the recruit to find a school to transfer to and we will help him. If unable to do so by a certain date, pull the ship. If you don't want to play here, we will find you somewhere else to play.

Tech can't afford 85 scholarships where 65 are playing. How else do you solve an apparent effort issue with SA's that appear to be passive aggressive to playing to their fullest? thoughts?

yes we can recruit better
yes the school can do things to allow for easier recruiting
but this topic never should be an issue.

It was in 2010, and it is in 2012. Has paul lost the team, why is paul unable to get his kids to play...its his freaking job? This is the worst indicator of them all IMO

Either pull the ship or right the ship.

Depends on whose fault you think it is.

IMHO, we need a leader on the field. From watching Vad on the sidelines, I believe he will be our leader. IIRC, it was the BC game, Vad drove the O down and scored, then I saw him on the sideline in the KO team huddle slapping guys on the helmet pumping them up. That's what we need, a guy that gets these kids pumped up, and shows them he believes in them. JB was that guy for the team last year. Hopefully we get one on both sides of the ball b/c we need some ---- Fire out there.

IMHO, we need a leader on the field. From watching Vad on the sidelines, I believe he will be our leader. IIRC, it was the BC game, Vad drove the O down and scored, then I saw him on the sideline in the KO team huddle slapping guys on the helmet pumping them up. That's what we need, a guy that gets these kids pumped up, and shows them he believes in them. JB was that guy for the team last year. Hopefully we get one on both sides of the ball b/c we need some ---- Fire out there.

Interesting enough all year paul has called tevin a great leader, in the offseason etc. That we as fans don't get to see what he does, and that tevin is a leader.

Yet like you, and I agree, this team is totally devoid of any leadership. When that happens, the head man needs to take over that responsibility. It feels like he is lounging in the comfort of his big contract. Sound familiar?

Has paul lost the team, why is paul unable to get his kids to play...its his freaking job?

Paul never had the team. The success in 08 and 09 was courtesy of the indivudal talent he inherited from Gailey's 07 class and a handful of studs from previous classes. Those kids played for themselves and each other (07 class inparticular), then jumped ship the first chance they got

Interesting enough all year paul has called tevin a great leader, in the offseason etc. That we as fans don't get to see what he does, and that tevin is a leader.

Yet like you, and I agree, this team is totally devoid of any leadership. When that happens, the head man needs to take over that responsibility. It feels like he is lounging in the comfort of his big contract. Sound familiar?

Paul defends Tevin because he is an extension of himself/his offense.

The team has never viewed Tevin as a leader and a large portion of them, especially the younger kids, have thought Vad should have been the guy from the start of the season

Paul defends Tevin because he is an extension of himself/his offense.

The team has never viewed Tevin as a leader and a large portion of them, especially the younger kids, have thought Vad should have been the guy from the start of the season

I didn't know you ran with the team. :rolleyes:

I remember Chan saying " these guys should be able to motivate themselves to win." ---- that! These are kids we are talking about. I've seen CPJ video snippets of him pumping them up, but these kids respond to peer motivation, someone who is in the trenches with them, bleeding with them. In that interview with Quay, he even stated that Vad goes around to all the players in the Locker room and says " let's go baby, lets get it"..... That's the ticket, we need them to buy in and sellout to GT football and I think they will IF we have a leader. Vad is a Natural born example

I don't hate PJ and I think his system will absolutely work well with solid talent (see 2009). But I don't think he handles 18-22 year old kids very well and we need a new face that can recruit and better manage these young men. PJ can flat out coach, but he needs help off the field. I'm not saying fire PJ, I'm saying hiring a new recruiting coordinator and dc.
VAD>Tevin.

Paul never had the team. The success in 08 and 09 was courtesy of the indivudal talent he inherited from Gailey's 07 class and a handful of studs from previous classes. Those kids played for themselves and each other (07 class inparticular), then jumped ship the first chance they got

You are reaching Champ.

The chemistry on this team is very much so out of wack. This was displayed when teammates just looked on when Robbie was body slam (which I was totally fine with. That is the type of statement you suppose to send in a rivalry game).

And it certainly doesn't help now that guys like Dwyer are tweeting that CPJ is the problem (after Sat's debacle).

You need the player-alumni behind the coach/program especially for recruiting purposes. CPJ has a tough enough time with recruiting as it is (no need to rehash all of those factors) - now he has the {most visible} ex-players and media working against him.

I used to love Dwyer but he doesn't seem like a guy who stays motivated. Best NFL style RB coming out of college and let himself get fat and out of shape. His lack of passion surprised me. I still root for him and this year he is doing much better but still

I used to love Dwyer but he doesn't seem like a guy who stays motivated. Best NFL style RB coming out of college and let himself get fat and out of shape. His lack of passion surprised me. I still root for him and this year he is doing much better but still

He's not the only one - he tweeted to Morgan Burnett so one can assume that Burnett agrees with the sentiments.

And it certainly doesn't help now that guys like Dwyer are tweeting that CPJ is the problem (after Sat's debacle).

You need the player-alumni behind the coach/program especially for recruiting purposes. CPJ has a tough enough time with recruiting as it is (no need to rehash all of those factors) - now he has the {most visible} ex-players and media working against him.

Dwyer doesn't owe CPJ anything. If an alum feels like there are coaching problems with the team I don't see why he shouldn't speak his mind

Isn't that what we're supposed to say? I, like most I think, want him to be successful but when has he "flat out" coached?

I can't disagree with you there...But we have tied for the Coastal Division 3 times in five years and I believe his record is pretty solid compared to past coaches.

Dwyer doesn't owe CPJ anything. If an alum feels like there are coaching problems with the team I don't see why he shouldn't speak his mind

I can't disagree with you there. I guess my post was misplaced. I was more disappointed in Dwyer for not coming to the combine and showing his potential. He was one of my favorite players to watch. Big, surprising speed, and durable. NFL prototype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back