Playoff

They're trying to establish a tradition. OB will always be 8:00 PM NYE, even when it cycles through the CFP.

If the tradition is to lose viewership, I'm confident it will be established easily. NYE is probably the single biggest going-out day of the year, a time when even people who don't normally go out are often outside of their homes and at a party or event.

I just don't see how this doesn't kill ratings, especially with one of the games starting before the workday finishes and the other starting late enough that people will have already headed out for the night.

If the tradition is to lose viewership, I'm confident it will be established easily. NYE is probably the single biggest going-out day of the year, a time when even people who don't normally go out are often outside of their homes and at a party or event.

I just don't see how this doesn't kill ratings, especially with one of the games starting before the workday finishes and the other starting late enough that people will have already headed out for the night.
Yep, should be New Year’s Day. Prime recovery day with everyone staying at home.

I still want an 8 team playoff. P5 champions get in. Highest ranked non P5 champ is in. Two at large get in. Georgia and Notre Dame would get in this year. Top ranked conference champs get seeds 1-4. This year that would be Bama, Michigan, Cincinnati and Baylor. Remaining four are seeded by their rank. So, 1-8 would be Bama-Pitt, 4-5 would be Baylor-Georgia, 2-7 would be Michigan-Utah and 3-6 would be Cincinnati-Notre Dame. This works well.
This is so obviously the right answer, that it’s likely to never happen in the current bass ackwards world.. Guarantee all P5 conference champions get in. Highest ranked G5 conference champion guaranteed a spot. Then 2 at large. End the discussion… THIS IS THE WAY.

This is so obviously the right answer, that it’s likely to never happen in the current bass ackwards world.. Guarantee all P5 conference champions get in. Highest ranked G5 conference champion guaranteed a spot. Then 2 at large. End the discussion… THIS IS THE WAY.
No it’s not. No one cares about conference champions. Those days are over. You could ask 100 ACC fans who won the ACC football conference this year and maybe 10 would know and the game was less than 48 hours ago. No other sport operates that way so people don’t care. The only thing that matters are playoffs with intrigue. And don’t get mad at me for pointing it out.

Wrong. A 12 team playoff with 5 SEC teams is not intriguing. People who don’t live in the Southeast want a team from their conference to get a shot. Conference winners get a playoff birth in every other NCAA sport.

They're trying to establish a tradition. OB will always be 8:00 PM NYE, even when it cycles through the CFP.
There was a time when tradition WAS wake up on New Years DAY and watch the Orange Bowl parade, then the Rose Bowl parade. Then at noon watch the Gator Bowl, after that Watch the Cotton Bowl and Rose Bowl. Then finish the evening watching the Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl. All on the only day that could happen - New Years DAY!

You know what’s humiliating is going 3-9 three years in a row and likely will do the same next year. When are y’all actually going to be relevant in the discussion for any Championship, for Gods sake you are in the ACC. How many ACC teams will be in the CFP this year? You are the ones that should be humiliated. Most of you will continue to wallow in your pitiful football existence because you don’t have the balls to change it. Look at your stadium on any given Saturday, you can’t even fill your tiny ass stadium in downtown ATL., 10,000 in a stadium that seats 54,000, you should be humiliated. Your inability to negotiate the right contract for your coaches, you should be humiliated. I’m just scratching the surface but you get the picture. Say what you want about UGA but that isn’t making GT better, I mean the bullshit some of you say about UGA after they curb stomp your team, you don’t have the self awareness to even be humiliated. Yeah I’ll be banned for life from this site because the truth is painful and sometime humiliating to accept.
Irrelevant. Your new word for today.

4 > 1, 1990 > 1980, winning championships vs. playing

Wrong. A 12 team playoff with 5 SEC teams is not intriguing. People who don’t live in the Southeast want a team from their conference to get a shot. Conference winners get a playoff birth in every other NCAA sport.
What are you talking about? A 12 team or more teams playoff will have teams from every conference. Some of you guys and your hatred for the SEC is just comical. If we had an 12 team playoff right now we’d have 3 SEC teams, 3 BIG TEN teams, 2 Big 12, 1 ACC, 1 Independent, 1 PAC, and 1 G5. This delusion that the SEC would take all the spots is laughable.

Back when we didn't have playoffs, the excuse given was always that it would take away from the regular season.

Now that people are talking about a 12 (!) team playoff, I worry that may finally come to fruition.

What are you talking about? A 12 team or more teams playoff will have teams from every conference. Some of you guys and your hatred for the SEC is just comical. If we had an 12 team playoff right now we’d have 3 SEC teams, 3 BIG TEN teams, 2 Big 12, 1 ACC, 1 Independent, 1 PAC, and 1 G5. This delusion that the SEC would take all the spots is laughable.

1638829757331.png

You know what’s humiliating is going 3-9 three years in a row and likely will do the same next year. When are y’all actually going to be relevant in the discussion for any Championship, for Gods sake you are in the ACC. How many ACC teams will be in the CFP this year? You are the ones that should be humiliated. Most of you will continue to wallow in your pitiful football existence because you don’t have the balls to change it. Look at your stadium on any given Saturday, you can’t even fill your tiny ass stadium in downtown ATL., 10,000 in a stadium that seats 54,000, you should be humiliated. Your inability to negotiate the right contract for your coaches, you should be humiliated. I’m just scratching the surface but you get the picture. Say what you want about UGA but that isn’t making GT better, I mean the bullshit some of you say about UGA after they curb stomp your team, you don’t have the self awareness to even be humiliated. Yeah I’ll be banned for life from this site because the truth is painful and sometime humiliating to accept.
F'off. Mutts still can't close. Still a bridesmaid. We know it hurts. Ill hand this to you though, That was a pretty good long play attempt to come across like the "aww shucks" under the radar "decent nice guy" routine.....then the garbage true colors come out. You gotta remember to stay in character dude.

How anyone can argue that UGA wasn't one of the 4 best teams is beyond me.

I hate them, but it is pretty clear they belong in the playoffs.

Georgia 32nd toughest schedule
ND 30th
Cincy 78th

ND 30th
Cincy 78th
:bfd:

ND 30th
Cincy 78th

ND 30th
Cincy 78th

ND 30th
Cincy 78th

Back