POLL: What is the probability we beat Clemson in 2018?

What is the probability we beat Clemson in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Venables is good for one dropped game per year, but the way he plays GT makes me think it won't be us. I won't write us off, but the odds are against us. We will definitely need a better defensive performance this year.

Venables is good for one dropped game per year, but the way he plays GT makes me think it won't be us. I won't write us off, but the odds are against us. We will definitely need a better defensive performance this year.

I mean, a better defensive performance obviously couldn't hurt, but last year's Clemson game was not exactly bad by the defense. We forced 7 punts and a fumble. Only Alabama and Auburn held them to fewer points. I think what we probably need is more than 230 yards of offense.

I mean, a better defensive performance obviously couldn't hurt, but last year's Clemson game was not exactly bad by the defense. We forced 7 punts and a fumble. Only Alabama and Auburn held them to fewer points. I think what we probably need is more than 230 yards of offense.

I just assumed better offense was a given - Venables always plays CPJ really well. I think our defensive stats are a bit overinflated last year. We did well in the 2nd half, but Clemson ran up a 3 touchdown lead going into halftime. It wasn't terribly competitive.

Illegal sleeper play, I don't think Demaryius was in the huddle. :coolugh:
IIRC in the days after the game, ACC officials reviewed the play and called it illegal, but the coaches had told the officials before the game we may run it and the refs said OK.

OTOH, the coaches told the refs before the game that Reggie may fake a spiked ball; he did and they called it down anyway.

I just assumed better offense was a given - Venables always plays CPJ really well. I think our defensive stats are a bit overinflated last year. We did well in the 2nd half, but Clemson ran up a 3 touchdown lead going into halftime. It wasn't terribly competitive.

Overinflated by what? As I recall, Kelly Bryant was still in the game in the 4th quarter. They were over 50% passing (play distribution) in the second half. They won TOP, so it wasn't a function of us holding the ball. They had 14 drives, so it wasn't a particularly short game. I agree, it wasn't a terribly competitive game overall, because their defense was strangling us, but it's not like they were just killing clock and running out the third string at any point before their very last drive.

Hell, even two of their three touchdown drives in the first half started at midfield, so if anything, I think their point total was overinflated. They scored just one time on a drive that started behind their own 30. Bonus, this was like the one game last year where they didn't score to close out either half.

That's not bad.

Clemson and their lame C L E M S OOOOOOO N chant can suck it. We knock out their QB in the 1st quarter, get 2 pic sixes, and bust a midline for an 80 yard TD in route to 400+ yards of total offense. Their fans whine in the stands as we chant chop-block-o’clock and empty BDS full of piss and vinegar and drink straight bourbon until the next morning.

It can happen.

Overinflated by what? As I recall, Kelly Bryant was still in the game in the 4th quarter. They were over 50% passing (play distribution) in the second half. They won TOP, so it wasn't a function of us holding the ball. They had 14 drives, so it wasn't a particularly short game. I agree, it wasn't a terribly competitive game overall, because their defense was strangling us, but it's not like they were just killing clock and running out the third string at any point before their very last drive.

Hell, even two of their three touchdown drives in the first half started at midfield, so if anything, I think their point total was overinflated. They scored just one time on a drive that started behind their own 30. Bonus, this was like the one game last year where they didn't score to close out either half.

That's not bad.

Hmm ... I guess I didn't realize that. The whole season last year was a blur of being unable to close out a half on defense.

Clemson and their lame C L E M S OOOOOOO N chant can suck it. We knock out their QB in the 1st quarter, get 2 pic sixes, and bust a midline for an 80 yard TD in route to 400+ yards of total offense. Their fans whine in the stands as we chant chop-block-o’clock and empty BDS full of piss and vinegar and drink straight bourbon until the next morning.

It can happen.
My new favorite poster

I agree we got a chance, but I wouldn't call it 50/50 or even near that.

But...#mindrite!
You know they say that all teams are created equal, but you look at this offense, you look at our defense and you can see that statement just isn’t true. Two separate studies from the Georgia Tech Research institute and MIT independently found that in a normal game, any team has a 50/50 chance of winning. Factor in that we have an offensive genius and the team's production metrics are above average. Statistically, Clemson has a 25% chance, at best, to beat us. Factor in Coach Woody and Clemson’s chance of winning decrease to 12.5%

So, the data scientists took their 12.5% chance, deducted our 75% chance of winning, resulting in Clemson’s negative 62.5% chance of winning. They compiled our 75% chance of winning with our extra 50% chance of winning and they found we have a 137.50 % chance of winning. Seniòr Tiger, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for DRad in 2018.

If I see DRad in that orange tie I am going to try and choke or garrote him with it, ag assault charges be damned.

It can happen.
Buying my flight to atl right now...

FWIW this Clemson writer from "Rubbing the Rock" expects more from Tech this year than many of our own fans.

https://rubbingtherock.com/2018/08/...pponent-analysis-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/

"In my opinion, Georgia Tech has a chance to be a 8-4, 9-3 or maybe even 10-2 team. They will compete in the ACC Coastal with Miami and certainly could see Clemson twice this season, once in the regular season and in the ACC Championship Game."

FWIW this Clemson writer from "Rubbing the Rock" expects more from Tech this year than many of our own fans.

https://rubbingtherock.com/2018/08/...pponent-analysis-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/

"In my opinion, Georgia Tech has a chance to be a 8-4, 9-3 or maybe even 10-2 team. They will compete in the ACC Coastal with Miami and certainly could see Clemson twice this season, once in the regular season and in the ACC Championship Game."

The author of the article can even spell Nate Woody’s name correctly. I’m skeptical of his opinion.

He says KirVonte Benson is the best B back we ever had. If so, I'll take it.

Back