POLL: What is the probability we beat Clemson in 2018?

What is the probability we beat Clemson in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FWIW this Clemson writer from "Rubbing the Rock" expects more from Tech this year than many of our own fans.

https://rubbingtherock.com/2018/08/...pponent-analysis-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/

"In my opinion, Georgia Tech has a chance to be a 8-4, 9-3 or maybe even 10-2 team. They will compete in the ACC Coastal with Miami and certainly could see Clemson twice this season, once in the regular season and in the ACC Championship Game."

Jeff Schultz has us winning the Coastal, too. I dont expect any preseason love from the national media.

Clemson and their lame C L E M S OOOOOOO N chant can suck it. We knock out their QB in the 1st quarter, get 2 pic sixes, and bust a midline for an 80 yard TD in route to 400+ yards of total offense. Their fans whine in the stands as we chant chop-block-o’clock and empty BDS full of piss and vinegar and drink straight bourbon until the next morning.

It will happen.

Ftfy

You obviously didn't go to GT since you can't read and you don't know how probabilities work.
It's humor, and yes, I've taken, and passed, more statistics at the post graduate level than you ever dreamed of. We may have a competitive team, I'm sure we will....but it's not going to happen that weekend.

It's humor, and yes, I've taken, and passed, more statistics at the post graduate level than you ever dreamed of. We may have a competitive team, I'm sure we will....but it's not going to happen that weekend.

I look forward to bumping this to call you an idiot on 09/23

FWIW this Clemson writer from "Rubbing the Rock" expects more from Tech this year than many of our own fans.

https://rubbingtherock.com/2018/08/...pponent-analysis-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/

"In my opinion, Georgia Tech has a chance to be a 8-4, 9-3 or maybe even 10-2 team. They will compete in the ACC Coastal with Miami and certainly could see Clemson twice this season, once in the regular season and in the ACC Championship Game."

It is definitely about time for a win over Miami. We did pretty well against them when they first joined the ACC but not so much since 2009.

Clemson is clearly the toughest team on the schedule (öööö the nad lickers) so if we happen to play them twice, we might have a better chance in the title game, assuming we make it there of course.

Even as a Clemson grad, I cheer my heart out for GT every time they play (which is too damn much). I just don't think the odds are very high as long as Venables is there and they have that kind of talent. I think Clemson's coaching staff is well aware of the threat we pose and those guys are zoned the öööö in on stopping the triple option, even before the season starts. Unless our receivers (including A-backs) can win 1v1 matchups and we can consistently complete passes, I don't see us being able to win that game. They just beat the öööö out of our OL and crash the perimeter hard, daring us to test them over the top.

I think beating UGA is MUCH more likely than beating Clemson at this point.

Even as a Clemson grad, I cheer my heart out for GT every time they play (which is too damn much). I just don't think the odds are very high as long as Venables is there and they have that kind of talent. I think Clemson's coaching staff is well aware of the threat we pose and those guys are zoned the öööö in on stopping the triple option, even before the season starts. Unless our receivers (including A-backs) can win 1v1 matchups and we can consistently complete passes, I don't see us being able to win that game. They just beat the öööö out of our OL and crash the perimeter hard, daring us to test them over the top.

We def have to throw the ball a few times to beat them. Let’s hope marshal has progressed

The way college football goes, the moment you think you have it figured out, you don't. Cause for boundless optimism, says I.

PJ is 5-6 against Clemson. We’re due to even the series up.
but 1-5 versus Clemson in the last six...with Tech's only win in 2014 when their QB went down in the first quarter...the law of averages is in our favor, though, and we're at home...

The new aggressive D will set up short scoring opportunities. After that, the momentum kicks in. Late in the game, their defense tries too hard to make plays and they end up out of position and missing assignments. The clock keeps ticking and the Jackets win. Maybe not a highly likely scenario, but certainly a plausible one.

Our OL has the experience and depth this year that it had in our Orange Bowl run. Nobody is stopping us except ourselves.

Our OL has the experience and depth this year that it had in our Orange Bowl run. Nobody is stopping us except ourselves.
But do we have a Shaq Mason that will just whip people's asses and make 4-5 yard dives a given? If so, we're in for a hell of a season.

But do we have a Shaq Mason that will just whip people's asses and make 4-5 yard dives a given? If so, we're in for a hell of a season.
We'll go 10-2, win the ACC Championship and get left out of the tourney. That's the season we are about to have.

Back