POLL: What is the probability we beat Miami in 2016

What is the probability we beat Miami in 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, if you were facing a MMA champ and you had a AR-15 and he had a knife, wouldn't you beat him like a rented mule? The "truth" you reference lacks a bit of perspective, huh? How did the Saint do against UF where both fighters had only their fists?
Why would you shoot a rented mule? You'd just have to buy it then.. Analogy fail

ice_cube_wtf.gif
Read the posts in order Gator---you'll get it. The CMR worship here is sickening.

Read the posts in order Gator---you'll get it. The CMR worship here is sickening.
No one is worshiping him. We're just not dumbasses like you and think that Johnson is anywhere as near as accomplished.

2009- one of Richt's worst team beat one of our best teams.

Even 2014, our best year under Johnson. We won by the skin of our teeth. Was UGA all that great that year? Not really. Our wins are against some of Richt's middling teams, Richt has beaten some of our best.

Johnson is 2-6 against Richt. Sure there are some real moral victories in those 6 losses, we lost in overtime once!

No one is worshiping him. We're just not dumbasses like you and think that Johnson is anywhere as near as accomplished.

Even 2014, our best year under Johnson. We won by the skin of our teeth. Was UGA all that great that year? Not really. Our wins are against some of Richt's middling teams, Richt has beaten some of our best.

Johnson is 2-6 against Richt. Sure there are some real moral victories in those 6 losses, we lost in overtime once!
Richt has won by the skin of his teeth several times vs Tech. And in 2014 they finished in the top 10. I would much rather have Johnson at Tech than Richt. Jesus, it's like you guys think it's an even playing field like its the NFL or something.
Comparing success at Tech vs UGA is like comparing apples and oranges. If Tech was to, say, have over 100 degree options like every other state school, we'd be known as football factory, too. The talent in Georgia alone would make that happen. Not everyone wants to be an engineer. What if UGA was hamstrung with only having the Terry business school degrees the last 10 years, what do you think Richt's record would have been at UGA?

Put another way, Johnson would probably have a national title if he coached UGA.

A lot of us aren't like you and think only in the most simplistic of terms. Did you seriously not get the knife to a gunfight thingy!?
Hell, I'd fire any coach at ugag that went 2-6 against us, much less all the times we were in it late into the 4th. Diseqc, in all seriousness and without the insults, there is nothing subtle about the un-level playing field vs ugag.

Richt has won by the skin of his teeth several times vs Tech. And in 2014 they finished in the top 10. I would much rather have Johnson at Tech than Richt. Jesus, it's like you guys think it's an even playing field like its the NFL or something.
Comparing success at Tech vs UGA is like comparing apples and oranges. If Tech was to, say, have over 100 degree options like every other state school, we'd be known as football factory, too. The talent in Georgia alone would make that happen. Not everyone wants to be an engineer. What if UGA was hamstrung with only having the Terry business school degrees the last 10 years, what do you think Richt's record would have been at UGA?
Yep, and imagine the ole Saintly one's front 7 on D with extra math requirements, 1000+ SATs, and their APR attending Tech's classes and taking Tech's exams! Of course, his Fulmer trophy case would take a hit though.

Couple of thoughts. Closeness of Richt vs. Tech has not been about Richt. It's been about it being a rivalry game. A perfect example is 2005. GT was 7-5 I think and UGA was the SEC champion--the week after, UGA destroyed an LSU team that was a heavy favorite. But at Grant Field, Shockley's one team (and he was the SEC MVP that year) scored, I think, one touchdown and needed a late interception to scrape by. 2009, same deal. Tech was the best team, but it was a rivalry game. That's why we love rivalry games. It will be the same way under Kirby Smart regardless of how weak or strong he is (hoping for strong). Bama has had some vastly superior teams that struggled with Auburn. South Carolina-Clemson never goes according to logic.

A thought on Richt at Miami. What I'm interested in seeing is whether he's rusty or out of date as an OC. He didn't do that after 2006--Bobo's first game was the Tech game at the end of that year (typical rivalry game where UGA won in the closing minutes with a pass to Massaquoi). Georgia's offenses pre-Bobo were actually pretty ordinary. The best teams won with defense. Once Bobo got going, that's when the defenses went bad. One reason our offense was such an abomination last year was that we were still using FSU nineties offensive termonology, after all these years, and the new OC, Schottenheimer, came in with updated, NFL terminology. They tried to mash it all together and it was worse than a mess. I'm wondering how Richt will do with the transition. He has a good QB down there, but he might have to retrain him.

Tough academics are why we recruit rural Georgia and rural Alabama so hard. That's where the best academic high schools are.

I dunno, in the last 15 years, most games save 4 were pretty close. However, the games that were not close, they blew us out. We haven't had a divisive victory against them since 2000 (although 2013 was looking like it).

UGA in 2014 was pretty decent. They got beat badly by UF but they lost by 3 to a very middling Gamecock team and should have played in the SECCG.

2006 is another year where we should have won but our offense did go into a flat spin around the UNC game and didn't recover until WVU. Ugh, ugly year. What could have been.

I meant decisive but I guess divisive worked as well. They hated us so much during that stretch.

I dunno, in the last 15 years, most games save 4 were pretty close. However, the games that were not close, they blew us out. We haven't had a divisive victory against them since 2000 (although 2013 was looking like it).

UGA in 2014 was pretty decent. They got beat badly by UF but they lost by 3 to a very middling Gamecock team and should have played in the SECCG.

2006 is another year where we should have won but our offense did go into a flat spin around the UNC game and didn't recover until WVU. Ugh, ugly year. What could have been.

We've had so many close games with them, yet they somehow always pull out a miracle to win.

2004-driving to win the game, Reggie has a mental breakdown

2005-again driving to tie the game, Reggie throws an INT at the goal line.

2006-along with 1997 and 2013, the most frustrating Tech loss I have seen. We were by far the best team on the field but couldn't score. The play of the game was that bogus fumble that UGA picked up and returned for a TD.

2008-we win.

2009- The game our defense forgot how to stop the run.

2010-Absolute trackmeet, we score late but Scott Blair misses the extra point to tie the game.

2013-Vad comes out on fire and we go up big in the first half yet slowly they comeback and beat us in overtime.

2014-we win.

2015- Neither offense was great but our's sucked that day. Still, we score late and have a chance to win the game in the final minute.

2013 we collapsed at halftime. I think that is the one we should have gone into the locker room up 20-0, but them SOB's (our defense and their offense) let them march it right down to make it 20-7. UGAg got the ball to start the second half and made it 20-14 - IIRC. We were dead meat after that.

IMO, Gailey would have done about an equal job at UGAg as Richt did. Richt would have done a Gailey job at GT. Richt has had some issues being too loyal to mediocre assistant coaches and his S & C staff.

We've had so many close games with them, yet they somehow always pull out a miracle to win.

2006-along with 1997 and 2013, the most frustrating Tech loss I have seen. We were by far the best team on the field but couldn't score. The play of the game was that bogus fumble that UGA picked up and returned for a TD.

2008-we win.

2010-Absolute trackmeet, we score late but Scott Blair misses the extra point to tie the game.

2013-Vad comes out on fire and we go up big in the first half yet slowly they comeback and beat us in overtime.

2014-we win.

2015- Neither offense was great but our's sucked that day. Still, we score late and have a chance to win the game in the final minute.

Both of our wins were close, too. It's remarkable how close the series has been in terms of each individual game. Really would have been nice to pull out even just two more wins...

2008-we win.

2014-we win.

Good grief this makes me sick reading back through all these tough losses.

You left out the 07 game, which was frustrating to me. Up at half, IIRC, but lead should have been bigger - Morgan Burnett picked off a ball in the first half that should have been six, but got cute and moved too much near the goal line, and fumbled out of the end zone. dwags got it back.

Later on, there was a bogus PI call on us in their red zone on a 3rd down play, I think they were up less than a possession at that point. Call set them up nicely near the goal line and they scored to go up two possessions and the game was over at that point.

I'll never understand how we are so snakebit against the effin dwags. Never.

Based on talent....a card board cutout could have done what Richt did at Georgia. It could be worse, it could be like Muschamp at Florida which should just never happen with their talent. People talk about the great Richt years but the whole SEC east other than Florida (who owned him) with Urban was down his entire tenure. Spurrier also whipped his ass a lot more than he should have.

He was better than Donnan but that says less about how good Richt was and more about how bad Donnan was. Georgia's only bad years are when they don't have a really good qb. I don't think Georgia has had a great X's and O's coach ever. Tech has had several great ones (at least 4) Heisman, Alexander, Dodd and CPJ but I would also mention Ralph as the key cog to GT's machine in the 90's.

Back