POLL: What is the probability we beat South Florida in 2018

What is the probability we beat South Florida in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Sat, Sept 8 @ South Florida - 12:00 PM ET

---------------------------------
Last game: Alcorn State
Next game: Pittsburgh
---------------------------------

ESPN Pre-Season FPI: 65
GT / South Florida FPI Differential: +9.6

The South Florida Bulls were a respectable 10-2 in Charlie Strong’s first season, losing only to Houston and the National Champion UCF squad. They are turning over a lot of talent this year, but Strong has what some consider to be another very “Strong” class, ranking in the tops of the AAC.

Last edited:
They are losing a ton from last years team. Good to get them early in the season. I like our chances.

Interesting to note, USF Defensive Coordinator, Brian Jean-Mary, is a former Georgia Tech linebacker coach, including 2008-2009 during CPJ's first two seasons here. The Bulls played Navy in 2016, but I don't think there are coaches or many players around who were involved in that game. I imagine USF will be doing some specific preparation for Tech during their fall practices, but they have to replace so many starters from last year that they can't afford to dedicate a lot of time to it. Could be a high scoring game, with both defenses trying to figure out what they are doing, but Tech will win.

They are losing a ton from last years team. Good to get them early in the season. I like our chances.
Their biggest loss was Quinton Flowers, a dual threat qb with flashy numbers. Strong will have the defense working on the OBS in fall camp.

FWIW, the last time Tech played in Raymond James Stadium, they beat Clemson 39-34.
That was at night and about 40 degrees, with Chan's players. :crazy2: This will be a day game in Tampa in early September. It will be in the 90's if it doesn't rain.

I expect us to win, but wouldn't be too shocked if we lose. I'll go with 0.6.

I'm hopeful, but it's hard to forget 2017, when we won exactly ZERO games that weren't at Bobby Dodd. If we can't learn to win away from home this year, it's gonna be a long season.

USF doesn't totally suck but losing their QB is what makes me not question a W. He might've been able to hurt a new defense in week 2, but we should have this locked up 2-0 headed into Pitt.

Can someone tell the process by which I come up with my answer?

I keep coming up with 99.99999%, but I may not be doing the math right.

I'm hoping that they like most teams have a steep learning curve on the TO.

Back