coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Sat, Sept 17 vs Vanderbilt - 12:30 PM ET
---------------------------------
Last game: Mercer
Next game: Clemson
---------------------------------

Orlando Sentinel Pre-Season Ranking: 93

Continuing our theme of playing teams that are at the bottom of their conference, we have have Vandy, who was 4-8 last season, 2-6 in the mighty SEC East. Vandy had an improved defense in 2015, likely due to an infusion of SEC Speed. I see that they play a 3-4 defense. This could present a different look for our guys, so hopefully we will be able to exploit it.

You certainly have to like the way the schedule has set up so far. And the Jackets should be hitting their stride offensively coming into this one. Gonna be a noon-time scorcher!

Last edited:
Bumpidy bump bump.

Wow, didn't think Vandy would be a snooze fest. No one excited about getting another $EC team on the schedule?

Vote in da pole.

This game should be a good gauge of how the season will go. Vandy, though pretty weak, is still a P5 team and their D should be a tough test for us (they were 13th last season in defensive FEI) and they're returning 7 starters. A 20+ point win goes along way in terms of confidence heading into Clemson game. A loss probably means we're in for another 3-win campaign.

If you look up "trap game" in the dictionary, they have a picture of this game.

I do like the fact that by the time we get to Clemson, we will have played two pretty good defenses. If we can move the ball on BC and Vandy, then the O should have some confidence building.

Vandy doesn't have recent experience against the TO, and won't have the luxury of intense preparation. They open against USCe and then face Middle Tennessee, a team they narrowly beat last year. It's a similar start to us, starting with a Conference opponent and then a game they are expected to win. They don't have the athletes to out-muscle us, and the game is at BDS, so we have a lot of things in our favor. I think we'll score over 30 points and that will be enough.

Incidentally, Vandy's opener against USCe is on Thursday night, Sep. 1, before the Labor Day weekend. It will be an opportunity to scout a future opponent in prime time.

Vandy won't play a 3-4 against us. They'll have 85 scholarship players on the line, daring us to throw, just like the film demands.

And we will crush them.

Vandy 2009 game will be one of my fondest memories as both a Tech fan and a football fan. I'll never forget CPJ's drawing up the "play in the sand" on the lonnnnng TD to Peeples out of the slot. Squashed them 56-31 after being tied at 28 at half.

Vote bisches. Next pole coming later today.

I think we should allow Vandy to come to BDS and get embarrassed by the beatdown at the hands of the Yellow Jackets.

vanderbilt.jpg

We win big .........Vandy has no time in pracitce to deal with the option....Second they are not able to score much but yes..they can play defense but dont think they can play all night.Perfect sec team to start off with .....we win big

Vandy won't play a 3-4 against us. They'll have 85 scholarship players on the line, daring us to throw, just like the film demands.

And we will crush them.
I agree its clear about four wins a year is about all they can deal with in the SEC etc..they can get some athletes but to me the coaching hurts them

Big talk for fans of a team that didn't even win 4
Well it is big talk coming from a three and nine year but..........look at last ten or so years of Vandy.............makes sense to me or I would have not posted it..they cant seem to get it together..........will say if we lose to them we are in for a bad yr

Incidentally, Vandy's opener against USCe is on Thursday night, Sep. 1, before the Labor Day weekend. It will be an opportunity to scout a future opponent in prime time.
So it's a very late night game for us real Tech fans.

Back