Portal opens on Monday

Who do we figure to lose? I figure maybe a WR, since we are deep at that position, but I don't know where a WR could land at this point. There is still a pretty sizable number of players with no destination still in the portal.

Not sure where we sit on availability, but it is always nice to bolster the lines, even if it is just to build some depth. Not sure if any of those BIG10 type OL guys are in the portal.

Who do we figure to lose? I figure maybe a WR, since we are deep at that position, but I don't know where a WR could land at this point. There is still a pretty sizable number of players with no destination still in the portal.

Not sure where we sit on availability, but it is always nice to bolster the lines, even if it is just to build some depth. Not sure if any of those BIG10 type OL guys are in the portal.

* A wideout looking for PT in a deep room.
* Some defenders due to the staff overhaul on that side, hopefully no starters.
* One wild surprise no one expects.

We'll get some new horses too and 2025 will be awesome.

Active poaching of our best players is always an issue. As far as needs go, we need a couple of rush ends and LBs.

Active poaching of our best players is always an issue. As far as needs go, we need a couple of rush ends and LBs.
Is the "transfer any time you want" rule in effect? The NCAA was considering it. Mid season portal to another team.

It closes two weeks later, on Tuesday, April 30th, if anyone else was curious.

Is the "transfer any time you want" rule in effect? The NCAA was considering it. Mid season portal to another team.
You can leave whenever you want now without having to sit, but you are not eligible to play if it’s during the season. That said, someone could leave 2 weeks before the season starts, and end up playing somewhere else.

Remember that Gavin was huge for us in 2022. He was 12/13 on FGs. And a big part of what sent us on this upward trajectory that we might be on as a program. Good kicker who just has been edged out by another good kicker

Remember that Gavin was huge for us in 2022. He was 12/13 on FGs. And a big part of what sent us on this upward trajectory that we might be on as a program. Good kicker who just has been edged out by another good kicker
You mean Birr last szn?

If anyone from the SEC leaves in this portal window, they can't remain within conference. Hopefully, that bodes well for us snapping up some SEC speed

If anyone from the SEC leaves in this portal window, they can't remain within conference. Hopefully, that bodes well for us snapping up some SEC speed
That’s actually not the case. The new NCAA rule with unlimited transfers without sitting now overrides any conference rule. And no conference/schools want to go to court to challenge it now. So you’ll see movement.

That’s actually not the case. The new NCAA rule with unlimited transfers without sitting now overrides any conference rule. And no conference/schools want to go to court to challenge it now. So you’ll see movement.

NCAA could change rule to 4 year scholarships for players. Players could still switch, they just wouldn’t be eligible for a scholarship. NIL could make up the difference, but it would be taxed.

NCAA could change rule to 4 year scholarships for players. Players could still switch, they just wouldn’t be eligible for a scholarship. NIL could make up the difference, but it would be taxed.
I really wonder if the NCAA can make any rules around it that wouldn't get struck down in court at this point.

I really wonder if the NCAA can make any rules around it that wouldn't get struck down in court at this point.

NFL players sign contracts committing them to a team all the time. There's no reason NIL couldn't do the same thing. There would just be a lot less trading because the universities themselves wouldn't actually hold the contracts. The collectives would.

I know that in today’s college football landscape kids transfer all of the time -for playing time, grades, whatever, but it just looks so wrong for someone to transfer out of GT to Ga State. I mean I suppose I get it in Gibson’s case. I tend to over analyze things and am probably doing so in this particular case.

for ST.JPG

Back