Portal opportunities

A better question is why hasn't an alleged offensive genius like Kiffin Recruited a QB to have in the pipeline now that Corral is gone?

He does. They have a freshman QB who had a Bama offer.

Gabriel was considered one of the top 15-20 QBs in college football before he got hurt. He'd be a really intriguing one-year rental for a lot of teams.

You're asking why we should want a guy with 68 TDs/14 INTs in his career?

Who cares about arm strength? We threw it past the first down marker like four times vs. the dwags. Pretty sure this guy can do that.
This alone should be enough to clean house on the offensive side of the ball. We had one decent medium length pass all day yesterday. We didn't even take shots. Hell, I would have appreciated a deep pass resulting in a pick over just conceding 3rd down to run clock, which is what appeared we were doing.

I don't even understand why we warmed up ANY of the back up QB's if none of them are good enough to play. May as well have just put Mason in at wildcat.

You're asking why we should want a guy with 68 TDs/14 INTs in his career?

Who cares about arm strength? We threw it past the first down marker like four times vs. the dwags. Pretty sure this guy can do that.
No I’m saying why would he come here. If he does to our benefit Sims will leave. There’s a reason FSU said no to him at QB and we said come on

even as crappy as FSU is they he’s not the guy

No I’m saying why would he come here. If he does to our benefit Sims will leave. There’s a reason FSU said no to him at QB and we said come on

even as crappy as FSU is they he’s not the guy
You think Sims is a major issue with GT FB?

After having QBs like Graham and the oft injured Guy that lost the Pitt Game with a GL fumble and then ran back home to San Diego(Lucas Johnson), we were lucky as hell that Sims chose GT, and now you wanna scapegoat Sims?

There's a reason that the ABC Announcer mentioned Gibbs and Sims looking at the portal on the broadcast, that's because those around CFB that know Talent when they see it, they perceive those 2 to be among our players with the most upside that would be attractive to other Programs.

Notice he didn't mention any OLs or Secondary players that might look at the Portal.

I don't have a problem with Sims talent level but beginning to think he is a nut job. How could he just disappear on us like he did twice during the season for multiple weeks each time. He skeert. Love to see the Dillon kid get a chance. The 3rd string QB must be so bad he doesn't need to take up a scholarship.

You think Sims is a major issue with GT FB?

After having QBs like Graham and the oft injured Guy that lost the Pitt Game with a GL fumble and then ran back home to San Diego(Lucas Johnson), we were lucky as hell that Sims chose GT, and now you wanna scapegoat Sims?

There's a reason that the ABC Announcer mentioned Gibbs and Sims looking at the portal on the broadcast, that's because those around CFB that know Talent when they see it, they perceive those 2 to be among our players with the most upside that would be attractive to other Programs.

Notice he didn't mention any OLs or Secondary players that might look at the Portal.
No not an issue but he hasn’t lived up to hype. With the exception of a couple games. He can’t read a def. when a qbs first instinct is legs. It never pans out unless you can read it to use your arm

I don't have a problem with Sims talent level but beginning to think he is a nut job. How could he just disappear on us like he did twice during the season for multiple weeks each time. He skeert. Love to see the Dillon kid get a chance. The 3rd string QB must be so bad he doesn't need to take up a scholarship.
He was INJURED because he took too many hits behind our leaking sieve of an OL.

I'd rather have third-year Sims with a healthy offseason under his belt over any QB who will be in the portal, no matter who enters it. He's our guy. We need to protect him better and utilize him better. If you can't see his talent on the field, you're missing out.

No not an issue but he hasn’t lived up to hype. With the exception of a couple games. He can’t read a def. when a qbs first instinct is legs. It never pans out unless you can read it to use your arm
When has he had OLine support that would give him time to read a Defense?

Also, what games have you been watching?

Sims despite his great speed is not a run first QB, he gives the pass plays every chance to develop and hangs around in the pocket longer than I prefer sometimes.

Become a more savvy CFB Fan and evolve beyond the typical, "blame the QB , blame the OC" type of Fan, trust me, you'll enjoy the Games a lot more

Sims despite his great speed is not a run first QB, he gives the pass plays every chance to develop and hangs around in the pocket longer than I prefer sometimes.

This. Does he miss some reads sometimes? Sure, what RS Fr QB doesn't? Does he throw a few bad passes each game? Sure, what RS Fr QB doesn't? But he's GOOD, man. Best QB we've had here in a while. It's not just me who thinks so -- go check out how many Elite 11 QBs we've had on our team before.

Back