Positives from today's game

It's a non-conference game not against UGA that doesn't mean anything for our actual realistic goal of winning the ACC Championship. Assuming we don't lose all the guys that went out, it was great preparation for our revenge game against Duke this Saturday

If you thought we had a chance of making the Playoffs with this year's schedule you were a ööööing moron. No team would make the Playoffs with our schedule

Also a positive: If we do lose any of the guys that went out for the season, this game was within the first three games or 30% cutoff for medical RSs

The defense played fine. The only thing I kind of regret is the 91 yard run in garbage time, obviously, but that's a function of lack of depth at DT. Tech really needs to get Hunt and Kallon developed by the second half of the season. Gotsis is a beast, but he's a little undersized and it's too much to ask to have him out there the entire game.

Was proud the team didn't just mail it in when the game started to get out of hand in the 4th Quarter. Shows a lot of character and it's something you can point to as a reason to think today was a speed bump on the road this season and not a ditch.

Golden was pretty good on punt returns.

It's not an ACC loss, so Tech's goals are still all on the table for them to achieve.

Very little injury-wise, and defense played well against the run, still a loss. Offense seemed overwhelmed up front, wasn't getting blocks as needed (non-positive). I think CPJ will have some ass to chew this week and get them ready for Puke. :furious:

We don't get ND again for 3 years (?), and that will be at home.

The defense played fine. The only thing I kind of regret is the 91 yard run in garbage time, obviously, but that's a function of lack of depth at DT. Tech really needs to get Hunt and Kallon developed by the second half of the season. Gotsis is a beast, but he's a little undersized and it's too much to ask to have him out there the entire game.

Was proud the team didn't just mail it in when the game started to get out of hand in the 4th Quarter. Shows a lot of character and it's something you can point to as a reason to think today was a speed bump on the road this season and not a ditch.

Golden was pretty good on punt returns.

It's not an ACC loss, so Tech's goals are still all on the table for them to achieve.

+1

Lou Holtz is having a good day, and we can listen to Mike Golic crow on Monday.

There were no celebrations to injure us

d'oh, rejoke

Will someone please post the CPJ post-game presser. I'm sure he'll have some delightful positives in there for us.

Whatever bleedover 2014 had onto this year finally comes to an end.

After watching a lot of ACC teams play yesterday and today, Tech still has a good shot at winning their conference.

Back