Post of the Year By 33 Jacket..A MUST read

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
33 you hit it right on...These 4 or 5 that have never put on the pads and probably not even a jock strap are making ALL true Tech fans Sick...Chan and the boys need our support and are headed in the right direction..I contend that a couple of these ----- are Buuuuldogs in disguise....GREAT POST.......

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
33 you hit it right on...These 4 or 5 that have never put on the pads and probably not even a jock strap are making ALL true Tech fans Sick...Chan and the boys need our support and are headed in the right direction..I contend that a couple of these ----- are Buuuuldogs in disguise....GREAT POST.......
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sir,...I've spoken out as to my disgust as to how CG is handling our program. If this causes you to call me a ugag fan let me just say this to you.....GO STRAIGHT TO HELL. To suggest that I don't support Tech Football just because I hold our current head coach responsible for last years dismal season is absurd. And YES....it was a disgrace. Now,..I will go to my grave supporting our football program. Will you do the same? Do you attend every home game..do you attend 3-4 or more away games each year? Do you support the AT Fund each year. Do you bleed Old Gold ? Just because I want to see us compete for the ACC Championship,...not merely settle for "another" bowl invitation...and I speak out in holding those people currently in charge accountable....you think I'm somehow less of a Tech fan......UP YOURS.

And yes,....I played high school football. Not very well,.....but I know what it means to be part of a football program. I think a good number of the people who disagree with my opinions on this board have never been involved in competitive athletics,...much less have ever played football at any level.

I'll spend all Fall at HGF@BDS and other stadiums across the South supporting the 'Jackets. Will you?

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sir,...I've spoken out as to my disgust as to how CG is handling our program. If this causes you to call me a ugag fan let me just say this to you.....GO STRAIGHT TO HELL. To suggest that I don't support Tech Football just because I hold our current head coach responsible for last years dismal season is absurd. And YES....it was a disgrace. Now,..I will go to my grave supporting our football program. Will you do the same? Do you attend every home game..do you attend 3-4 or more away games each year? Do you support the AT Fund each year. Do you bleed Old Gold ? Just because I want to see us compete for the ACC Championship,...not merely settle for "another" bowl invitation...and I speak out in holding those people currently in charge accountable....you think I'm somehow less of a Tech fan......UP YOURS.

And yes,....I played high school football. Not very well,.....but I know what it means to be part of a football program. I think a good number of the people who disagree with my opinions on this board have never been involved in competitive athletics,...much less have ever played football at any level.

I'll spend all Fall at HGF@BDS and other stadiums across the South supporting the 'Jackets. Will you?

GATA JACKETS!!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">To act as if you have given justified criticism of our coach is a COMPLETE JOKE. You have bashed him, taken cheap shots, and basically have shown NO SUPPORT of the man in the offseason. You are not giving him a fiar chance to prove that he is or IS NOT our coach. It's not fair to Gailey, it's not fair to the players, and it's not fair to GT. So get off your pedestal and sing that BS your shoveling to someone else who might buy it, because you've already made sure that no one here will.

Driver8, you still have a moniker that indicates that you are a fan of things from Athens.

Like Ivory Soap, I am convinced the dissenters are Tech fans, they just have a hidden agenda they are trying to achieve. It should be evident to all posters, they want to get rid of Gailey whether he wins or loses.

Their agenda against Gailey has nothing to do with wins and losses, it is a hidden agenda they do not want to reaveal to the board. It is masked by the UGA and Fresno State losses, but that is not the real reason.

It should be obvious to all by now.

Father Time

Driver8,

GATA is UGA terminology.

I've honestly suspected you were a mutt since I
first saw that in your posts. The content of your
posts furthers my suspicions even more.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I've spoken with approximately a dozen bulldog fans this offseason.. They all love gailey & hope he stays at Tech forever... They loved rubbing our faces in the crap of the world last year... They loved how gailey didn't have the team prepared & they quit on him... They loved humiliating us... I think you're a mutt.... 51-7..

You know Beebad your mo as the mo of your 4 or 5 friends that are like minded on this board is that you twist things to suit your agenda..

It disturbed me but when Richt came to Ugag 2 years ago i was amazed as to the many Tech fans including Oleary who sung his praises.. People just tend to like nice guys.. Both Richt and Gailey are definetly considered to being 2 of the nicest coaches in college football...

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
Driver8,

GATA is UGA terminology.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">FYI, in High School we used to say GATA when we'd break huddles or stuff like that. It's not just a UGA term.

With that said, GATA Jackets and do it WAO!

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Driver8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:

GATA JACKETS!!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">To act as if you have given justified criticism of our coach is a COMPLETE JOKE. You have bashed him, taken cheap shots, and basically have shown NO SUPPORT of the man in the offseason. You are not giving him a fiar chance to prove that he is or IS NOT our coach. It's not fair to Gailey, it's not fair to the players, and it's not fair to GT. So get off your pedestal and sing that BS your shoveling to someone else who might buy it, because you've already made sure that no one here will.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't give a rats ass what you think and I laugh at the notion that you "speak" for everyone on this board.What are you some sort of self-appointed hall monitor? You have no idea how much I have supported our program over the years and how I will continue to do so during this dark period in our proud history.So with that said,....you can take that pedestal your on, turn it sideways and stick where the sun don't shine.

GATA JACKETS!!!!

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
Driver8,

GATA is UGA terminology.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It implies the attitude it takes to be successful in football. ugag does not have a copyright on it. I only wish more Tech fans had this attitude. College footbal isn't life or death,......it's more important.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Driver, football is important, but to say it's more important than life and death implies that you either have never had a brush with what's really important in life, or that you're an idiot. I assume the former. You may elaborate as you wish.

Driver, I will respectfully ask you to consider the possibility that your tone has crossed way past reasonable criticism and into behavior detrimental to the GT program.

Fans ocassionally lose control at games and their behavior may convince athletes, their coaches or their parents that they do not want to be a part of that environment. Your behavior on this board seems to parallel that behavior.

If I was an alien new to earth looking for a group to associate with, and I came looking here first, I would keep on looking because of the vitriol being CONSTANTLY spewed by you and beebad just to name two.

There is no reason to be negative this month or even this year. It is precisely when times are the toughest that it is important for the team (and the fans) to keep a positive outlook. You and beebad sound like you have given up already
frown.gif
. If that is the case please SHUT UP all the negative talk until the time comes at the end of the season when it is possible to make a coaching change. Your comments concerning Gailey's ability will be relevant and better received then. Many of us share all of your concerns and more, but we know now is not the time and this is not the place. If you disagree with this paragraph, then you would have to be suggesting a coaching change mid or pre season and if that is the case then you are an idiot.
frown.gif

These guys obviously aren't interested in playing pool. It's time for a beeware vote! Let's get 'em outta here!

Originally posted by GTCrew:
Driver, I will respectfully ask you to consider the possibility that your tone has crossed way past reasonable criticism and into behavior detrimental to the GT program.

Fans ocassionally lose control at games and their behavior may convince athletes, their coaches or their parents that they do not want to be a part of that environment. Your behavior on this board seems to parallel that behavior.

If I was an alien new to earth looking for a group to associate with, and I came looking here first, I would keep on looking because of the vitriol being CONSTANTLY spewed by you and beebad just to name two.

There is no reason to be negative this month or even this year. It is precisely when times are the toughest that it is important for the team (and the fans) to keep a positive outlook. You and beebad sound like you have given up already
frown.gif
. If that is the case please SHUT UP all the negative talk until the time comes at the end of the season when it is possible to make a coaching change. Your comments concerning Gailey's ability will be relevant and better received then. Many of us share all of your concerns and more, but we know now is not the time and this is not the place. If you disagree with this paragraph, then you would have to be suggesting a coaching change mid or pre season and if that is the case then you are an idiot.
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Did you in enjoy last season? I did not. But,...you make a good point. Yes, I have grave concerns that we are not recruiting the level of player needed to compete for the ACC crown. I'm very bitter at the AD for taking the oversight for our players academic progress away from the football program and giving it to some femi-nazi with a bone to pick with the program. I'm disgusted that our head coach agreed to sign off on the arrangement. The results were devastating. But,.....it's time to play football. If CG leads us back to the level Coach O'Leary had the program(and recruit the same type of players he did) and beyond, I will gladly admit I was wrong. I hope that's the case. I will,however, never apologize for being passionate about Tech football. Yes, the life or death comment was said tongue-in-cheek. My point was I wish we put more emphasis on winning,...doing the the things necessary to field a winning team,...and do whatever is necessary to avoid repeating the debacle of last season.

GATA JACKETS!!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:
[QBIf CG leads us back to the level Coach O'Leary had the program(and recruit the same type of players he did) and beyond, I will gladly admit I was wrong.
GATA JACKETS!!!![/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Driver... just to refresh your memory a bit.. the 2001 team finished 7-5 with a GOL less victory in a bowl game.. last year we finished the regular season 7-5... in both years we lost games we should have won.. I guess I am missing your point about "leading us back to the level" .. GOL had the program at the level I think you are talking about from 1998-2000 .. but in my opinion, we havent really been the kind of Tech team I want since we beat Georgia in Athens in 2000... maybe I am missing something..

And to answer your question.. did I enjoy last season.. NO !!.. but I didnt enjoy 2001 either... how about you?

Please don't mention the 2002 season or I might not be able to sleep what with the nightmares.

Having said that I have concerns. One is QB play. From way, way outside the circle I am very happy with the current situation there.

Another is attitude. We apparently gave up vs. UGA (ironically I hope we did). If that ever happens again... But what we do know is we set 11 weight room records, that is a positive sign. So we will have to hope that the 'culprits' there are gone at this point or have had an attitude adjustment.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Driver8:
[QBIf CG leads us back to the level Coach O'Leary had the program(and recruit the same type of players he did) and beyond, I will gladly admit I was wrong.
GATA JACKETS!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Driver... just to refresh your memory a bit.. the 2001 team finished 7-5 with a GOL less victory in a bowl game.. last year we finished the regular season 7-5... in both years we lost games we should have won.. I guess I am missing your point about "leading us back to the level" .. GOL had the program at the level I think you are talking about from 1998-2000 .. but in my opinion, we havent really been the kind of Tech team I want since we beat Georgia in Athens in 2000... maybe I am missing something..

And to answer your question.. did I enjoy last season.. NO !!.. but I didnt enjoy 2001 either... how about you?[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Seem like I remember that season ending with a very positive note with a solid victory over a ranked Stanford team. That is a much different taste that an ass whooping by UGA like no other in history and a beating by Fresno State

Gtmg..I just gave you the FACTS...No it wasnt the worst Butt Whopin we got from the Dawgs..Dodd and Alexander 2 of our greatest Got blown out a few times..And Shut out...Dodd in his v1st 2 seasons...

Back