Post of the Year By 33 Jacket..A MUST read

Originally posted by gtmg:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by jacketguy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Driver8:
[QBIf CG leads us back to the level Coach O'Leary had the program(and recruit the same type of players he did) and beyond, I will gladly admit I was wrong.
GATA JACKETS!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Driver... just to refresh your memory a bit.. the 2001 team finished 7-5 with a GOL less victory in a bowl game.. last year we finished the regular season 7-5... in both years we lost games we should have won.. I guess I am missing your point about "leading us back to the level" .. GOL had the program at the level I think you are talking about from 1998-2000 .. but in my opinion, we havent really been the kind of Tech team I want since we beat Georgia in Athens in 2000... maybe I am missing something..

And to answer your question.. did I enjoy last season.. NO !!.. but I didnt enjoy 2001 either... how about you?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Seem like I remember that season ending with a very positive note with a solid victory over a ranked Stanford team. That is a much different taste that an ass whooping by UGA like no other in history and a beating by Fresno State[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL.. well if thats all it takes... then you are saying we can go 1-11.. winning only the Georgia game to finish out on a positive note... so I assume you are saying that the 2001 loss to Clemson didnt matter.. the 2001 loss to FSU didnt matter.. (a game that we layed down in by the way.. Bowden even pointed it out himself)... the 2001 loss to Va didnt matter?? Let's not forget we struggled against WF too...what about the loss to MD, a game that should have been over with in the first half, but the team played the first half as if they hadnt practiced at all...

Dodd's last season ended on a similar note, we lost to Georgia when we shouldnt have, and lost to Florida in the bowl game.. a game we should have won.. I guess that means Dodd did a terrible job as well huh?? I dont get your logic, but do get the fact you are just whining... wish you would stop the whining and get on the wagon...we have a game soon.

Isn't it funny how the people that are po'd that Bilbo "isn't getting a chance" are the same people that aren't willing to give CCG a chance?

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Driver, football is important, but to say it's more important than life and death implies that you either have never had a brush with what's really important in life, or that you're an idiot. I assume the former. You may elaborate as you wish.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As I stated, the life or death reference was very much tongue-in-cheek. And yes, I've dealt with the things that are important in life. Makes me thankful for the time I get to spend with friends at HGF@BDS on those magical Autumn afternoons. Just wish we could place as much emphasis on producing a winning college football program as some think we place on our academic integrity. I happen to think a perennial Top 25 program doesn't demean anyone's degree. You're very much entitled to your opinion about me. I can assure you that I have some issues with many who post here, but try to to ignore most of it as simply good intentions but somewhat misguided when it comes to football. Were all Tech fans here,.....but college football is a very special institution.

Let's hope I'm wrong about CG and we somehow pull off a miracle this fall. I'll be there regardless. Hope you'll do the same.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Driver, I don't think a perenial top 25 program demeans my degree either. It's just that you seem to think someone's taken it away from us, I recognize that we've never been one. We were getting close until the Fridge left and then George bolted. And no matter what anyone thinks we had serious issues in '01 and more last year, regardless of who the coach was. The academic problems this past off season haven't helped, but I do like the approach Gailey is taking and his calm approach to returning us to where we were 3 years ago and then beyond. If he fails, someone else will get the chance. I just don't think he has somehow destroyed the program. The truth is we haven't really been a program since Bobby Dodd. We're a school that has good runs followed by a few down years. At this point our down period is still better than it has been in the last 20+ years, so I'm hoping Chan can get it turned again quickly. Maybe then we can hold onto a coach for a little while and actually become that perenial top 25 team we are all looking for.

Back