Postgame 111.9.202.3

I don’t know where to post this, but I’m at Disney with my family. We’re walking in magic kingdom last night and an older dude in a GT tshirt walks by. I said GO JACKETS. He gives me a blank stare and just walks through us. My wife (no pics) laughs and said “typical awkward Tech nerd”. I told her to go easy on @BeeStorm he’s running a complicated online message board and has a lot on his mind
Happens to me all the time. I’d say 9 times outta 10. Never ceases to amaze me. Actually happened to my dad Friday night at a HS game.

Yea, I was in a discussion about the UNC win with a co-worker the week after the game. Co-worker commented that it looked like a nice atmosphere on TV. I said it was an awesome night. Skinny twerp accounting guy (I barely ever talk to him), hearing us talking, comes by from the next office and starts belittling GT's "atmosphere" in comparison to the mutts. I basically said "I don't remember talking to you. Why are you here?" and "How many UGA games have you even been to? I guarantee I have been to more UGA games than you have".

I really don't know what these assholes expect. I'm at the damn ballgame. I buy 4 season tix. I am there. Every home game. For decades now. GFY.

He did get a bit upset when I said UGAg is an Ag school and asked if any of those damn farmers had ever walked on the moon.

Text exchange with my youngest from Friday who got in to UGAg early action....

unnamed (1).jpg

• King now has 26 touchdown passes this season, second only to Joe Hamilton’s program record of 29 in 1999.
  • The 26 touchdown passes for King are also the ninth-most in a Tech career.
  • King’s 2,597 passing yards are the fourth most in a single Tech season. George Godsey is third with 2,906 in 2000.
  • King’s 208 completions are tied for the third-most in a single Tech season.
  • Tech is now 4-1 all-time against Syracuse.

when I yelled what’s the good word outside the stadium last night one girl yelled Go Jackets. Did people forget öööö over 4 years?
Most of them this is their 1st year going to any football game. Going to take 4-5 years to get back the last 4-5 years.

• Attendance was announced as 33,332 giving Tech an average of 33,296 after five home games this season, currently the program’s lowest average since 32,200 in 1986.
It would be interesting to see the change in revenue. It seems like in years past we've desperately basically given away tickets. I haven't seen that happening this year.

Anyone have a link from Brent Key on the ACC postgame show? Heard he was fired up but haven’t seen it. Hoping he talked öööö about UGAG

I got on one of the Disney buses today, wearing a GT shirt. I got a “Go Jackets” thrown my way. I gave back a Go Jackets then spent the bus ride dissecting last nights game. He isn’t as optimistic as I about next weekend.

when I yelled what’s the good word outside the stadium last night one girl yelled Go Jackets. Did people forget öööö over 4 years?
Walking out of the stadium I yelled it too and had about 3 responses. At least I got the correct response. Gonna take some time to recover from clown.

Back