Postgame Threads

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
A real lack of postgame threads this week. Guess we have reached the Acceptance step in the process.
Well offensively we left a lot on the field. Special teams was bad. Defense makes me sad.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
I’m looking for week-to-week improvement. The first drive offensively was a step forward, I’m not sure what happened after that as we basically went 3-and-out, with a blocked punt the remainder of the half, while the defense couldn’t force a punt in the first half.

The second half, as with last week vs UNC, was better. I suppose I didn’t see regression or a step forward from this game vs similar competition.

Bottom line, until we can block with some consistency on offense, and bring some form of pressure defensively, we will continue to struggle -we all pretty much know this.

I’m just kind of, meh, after the Duke game.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
*the offense continues to improve making some big plays but Duke started whipping us on the line late in the 1st Qtr till half. We were calling lots of downfield passes and the protection gave way and Graham took a beating and had to run for his life.

*in the 2nd half we adjusted with quicker throws and looked better moving the ball. Defense reasserted themselves and made some stops (none in 1st half). Offense showing improvement each week but still sputtering badly. Still many dropped passes.

*kicked a field goal but 2 kickoffs out of bounds. Gave away a blocked punt TD but returned the favor later on the block. Can't return a kickoff to the 25.

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
We seem to be climbing out of the 'all our players have FCS level talent' posts, so that is a plus.
To me the talent is not where it should be, but the hysteria from earlier in the season ("FCS talent") was wrong too. Given our players, we do not have room for sloppiness or mistakes. Changing systems creates those two things, so the results are what they are. As long as the players keep fighting, I will keep supporting.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
A real lack of postgame threads this week. Guess we have reached the Acceptance step in the process.

Because you know .... We usually beat Duke lol

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
The positive is we know we have some play makers. The problem is we don’t have the horses to allow the playmakers to make enough plays throughout the game. Collins was hired to fix this through recruiting. It may take 2-3 years till we know but that’s the process whether we like it or not. There is no quick fix no matter who we would have hired.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The positive is we know we have some play makers. The problem is we don’t have the horses to allow the playmakers to make enough plays throughout the game. Collins was hired to fix this through recruiting. It may take 2-3 years till we know but that’s the process whether we like it or not. There is no quick fix no matter who we would have hired.
Yep. The Temples, UNCs and Dukes had better enjoy their physical superiority while they can. CGC is going to change that!

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
öööö you maggot

but for real if we just bet on the right guys in the transfer portal this could be a top 10 team

eneq

Junior Varsity Lurker
Good. There was too much bitching going on the past few weeks. Glad we weeded out the weak ones.