Practice? We Talking About Practice?

Whatever happened to that bullshit waste of time and money where we paid some consultant to come in and help our players design personal logos? Are they the idiots responsible for WIN21 and the dumb crown logo, or is that cluster on someone we pay as an AA employee?
The 21 crown logo on a Bobby Dodd full of red was too much

If Kick ball is played during official NCAA allotted practice hours I have a huge issue.

If it’s “hey let’s hang around after practice and play kickball” then I dont have an issue
Well, if we’re being honest, that’s not really an issue. A ton of teams do that as a kind of off day thing. I remember one practice we had a fat man 7 on 7, where the big guys played the skill positions and the skill guys coaches them. It’s just that. EVERY practice is like this, and there aren’t any high intensity days that require a ton of focus.

Well, if we’re being honest, that’s not really an issue. A ton of teams do that as a kind of off day thing. I remember one practice we had a fat man 7 on 7, where the big guys played the skill positions and the skill guys coaches them. It’s just that. EVERY practice is like this, and there aren’t any high intensity days that require a ton of focus.
If you’re winning it isn’t a big deal. Just so happens to be that it’s a big deal. No offense to you but we obviously can’t afford to miss any practice time.

If you’re winning it isn’t a big deal. Just so happens to be that it’s a big deal. No offense to you but we obviously can’t afford to miss any practice time.
I understand that, but being on the other side where practice is always high intensity, like summer camps and hell weeks, you dread those times. There’s a reason why teams don’t do the stuff they do in summer camps, in the middle of the season. It’s a thin balance between laying back and focus, which our coaching staff is inept of.

Practice, practice and more practice (as much as is practical). It instills discipline, promotes maturity, refines skill and reveals 'want to.' Having easy or 'fun' or convenient practice is one of the most boneheaded things you can do.
Make practices to where when it becomes game time it’s far easier than the practices they have to endure.

Geoff Collins walks into the locker room after each game and says “well that was a hard fought loss guys. I know it stings. But you know me I’m not about wins or losses. I’m about making you the best versions of yourselves. Now be a goldfish and forget about this. We’ll get together tomorrow and watch the tape and continue giving it our best.” Then a cake is rolled in, Geoff hits play on his post loss playlist on Spotify and start partying.

Geoff Collins walks into the locker room after each game and says “well that was a hard fought loss guys. I know it stings. But you know me I’m not about wins or losses. I’m about making you the best versions of yourselves. Now be a goldfish and forget about this. We’ll get together tomorrow and watch the tape and continue giving it our best.” Then a cake is rolled in, Geoff hits play on his post loss playlist on Spotify and start partying.

Does the cake have a stripper in it?

Sadly I think he watched Ted Lasso and feels vindicated...instead of the comedy it is. Can we start calling him coach wanker?

Back