Pre Spring Practice look at QBs.

NCjacket, it says plenty to me. Your statements are your opinions and carry no more weight than my opinion. However, I did try to give some statistics to back my view.

You only gave your opinion, which, is no better than mine.

rolleyes.gif

bellyseries:

... adamant in his position that Tech can do just fine without a head coach. Said bellyseries, “A head coach never made a tackle or threw a block.”
wink.gif

If the fridge had stayed, Nat Dorsey would have been our QB, and we would have won the MNC last year.
And the Fridge would have played every down.

Originally posted by 71Bee:
bellyseries:

... adamant in his position that Tech can do just fine without a head coach. Said bellyseries, “A head coach never made a tackle or threw a block.”
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bellyseries has never said Tech can do just fine without a head coach. Your quote doesn't say that.

blue.gif
People on this board really like to use quotes and twist the words of other people to try to prove a point that's not there. I realize it's only for discussion, but sheeeeeh.

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by 71Bee:
bellyseries:

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bellyseries has never said Tech can do just fine without a head coach. Your quote doesn't say that.

blue.gif
People on this board really like to use quotes and twist the words of other people to try to prove a point that's not there. I realize it's only for discussion, but sheeeeeh.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GTT,

Yes, I should have referenced the fact that this was a quote attributed by me in the "Spoof... Gailey Retirement Post" so everyone new to this site would know it was intended only as a bit of humor here.

This is all just a collection of individual opinions and humor with a sprinkling of facts now and then; intended for the enjoyment of Tech fans; anything more is an unexpected pleasure and I’m sure unintentional.

Bellyseries,

I like the comment on Nat Dorsey. Reminds me of the 84-85 Bears with the other “fridge”; good chuckle.

I'll have to agree with Ahso on this one. The most important ingredient in team sports is the coach IMHO.

For example, just look at perennial ACC doormat Maryland. Friedgen takes the reins, and Md immediately becomes ACC champions. Case closed.
drinking.gif

I've learned a lesson for posting the topic I started here.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's fun to share ones ideas with others??
wink.gif

Ahso

That was some post - wow - I agree with every word.
Its just like Tampa Bay all these years, and Gruden gets there - same players and takes them all the way.

Watch and see what Parcells does in Dallas.

What about how Spurrier was abusing teams in the ACC when he was at DUKE of all places !

Still, I am hoping somehow, someway, last year was a fluke due to injuries, first year, transition, etc etc etc, Chan will turn out to be a great coach, great recruiter etc.

As someone said, I think by late August ALL of us will be on the same page and pulling hard for the team, and I think one way or another, in December we'll all be on the same page.....

FHStinger...c'mon man, didn't get the memo...Ralph inherited GREAT players at MD who had simply been underrated for the past decade!? They were MUCH better than ours who were very recently one of only 5 or 6 teams in D-1 to finish in the top 25 for 4 or 5 consecutive years. THWG

I think the original question was to disect our QB position. However anyone looks at AJ - his time has past. I for one would not be happy to see him on the field at all. Coaching does play a role in this topic because for those wanting to play this position or any other, it's pertinent that whoever coaches them is a teacher, developer, communicator, tactian and leader of his group of players.

If you are not, I don't care who wins the position they will not get better and move the team to great heights. I don't know much about this new coach Geis but I'm hoping that if he is involved with our QBs he has all those attributes to DEVELOP the most important position on offense from a skills standpoint and a leadership roll.

I have to believe Dbo is my first choice in this equation. From what I have heard and read on other posts - it's his position to win. If he can do that with the skills and ability I believe he came to Tech with - we will thrive at this position.

Originally posted by GoldZ:
FHStinger...c'mon man, didn't get the memo...Ralph inherited GREAT players at MD who had simply been underrated for the past decade!? They were MUCH better than ours who were very recently one of only 5 or 6 teams in D-1 to finish in the top 25 for 4 or 5 consecutive years. THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL, I think you guys missed the REAL memo:

Ralphie is GONE. Off like a prom dress!

Who cares whether he's a genius or not? He's not a Tech coach.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GoldZ:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL, I think you guys missed the REAL memo:

Ralphie is GONE. Off like a prom dress!

Who cares whether he's a genius or not? He's not a Tech coach.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">bellyseries,

Speak for yourself. I never could get those prom dresses off.

belly, I didn't realize Ralph being gone or not was the topic of my post or FHstinger's. What's wrong...facts hit a nerve? THWG

BellySeries, if you go back to the top and read all the posts in the thread up to your first post, you will find there is no reference to Friegden in any of the prior posts.

Your first post in this thread was the first mention of Ralph. Then you brought his name up again in another post further down the thread. Yes, Ralph is gone, but you brought him back into the picture.

rolleyes.gif

Thank you, 71Bee, for having an actual sense of humor. I never had any luck with prom dresses either.

this is ridiculous.

ralph friedgen couldn't make me into an ACC winning quarterback, however good a coach he is.

players like mike vick and peyton manning will perform to a certain extent no matter who their coach is.

coaches need players and players need coaches.

I'll say it again. I learned a great lesson by starting this thread. I'll add to my last comment by saying what I learned had nothing to do with what 71bee stated in his question to me.

Go Jackets!

I'll say it again. I learned a great lesson by starting this thread. I'll add to my last comment by saying what I learned had nothing to do with what 71bee stated in his question to me.

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">TELL ME WHAT YOU LEARNED SO I WANT DO THE SAMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
JacketFanPCB, you are welcome, the board is always glad to enter into these insightful discussions. You should start a thread on the "Georgia Tech Quarterbacks for 2003" and let us help you with that one.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Maybe you should start a thread of your own and we should help you out with "Georgia Tech Quarterbacks for 2003".

Back