Predictions for the upcoming season?

I can't so i'm going with you!!!!!!!
12-0-0

Originally posted by Damarius:
I'm gunna say 12-0 until someone can prove me wrong
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
drinking.gif

True that, true that.

We've ALL got to remember this thread and go BACK to it at the end of the upcoming season. Should be REAL interesting to see who's right and who's wrong.

For the record, I'll say we're 7-5. IMHO, I feel like if we do this (or even 6-6) then we've had a really good season all things considered!

So much for predictions, let's get to the real thing!

2Big Techsticles, My son Keith was visiting me last Thursday and he also predicted that Gailey would get fired after the Maryland game and be replaced by Tenuta. Strange and Ironic.

Hey 2 Big,....I can only hope we are rid of CG at some point during this upcoming season. I feel we finish 3-9 at best. Let's flush out the system and get on with the rebuilding,...with someone who realizes they are here to win football games, not teach Sunday School. It is killing me to even think about this upcoming season. That is what makes my blood boil,....CG's incompetence has robbed the Yellow Jacket Nation of the eternal hope we should be feeling as we await the arrival of another glorious Atumn in the South. I will forever hold him personally responsible for killing our program.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Bonus Prediction: Gailey fired after another embarrassing NATIONAL TV LOSS at home to Maryland. Doesn't get to finish the season
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry guys, no matter how bad it is this clearly was not his fault and he will not pay for it. This year is a total pass for him.

I'm tired of this BoB stuff he was at best a no show as far as an OC goes. I still remember his 1st game as OC remember LSU? So cut the crap he was probably fired from Ma Tech he certainly did not resign to take a lower position at less pay. So get real here yes the Fridge may take us to the wood shed it's possible but don't give BoB credit as he has yet to prove himself at any coaching spot.

I think the odds are that we will go 3-9 and Chan will be relieved fairly early in December to minimize effect on recruiting. At least this would be the smart way to do it.

Is it a foregone conclusion? No, if Chan shows some life and pulls a few upsets AND makes a respectable showing against UGAg then he can easily punch his ticket for one more ride.

Let me re-clarify where I stand:

- I think that 12-0 is possible.
- I think that 0-12 is possible.
- If Tech is 1-8 after the Maryland game, and Gailey is fired, I will not protest it. But unlike some who present themselves to believe this, I do not hope that we go 1-8 so that Gailey is ousted.
- If we go 6-6 and have played reasonably, lost games by the skin of our teeth, and had been in the vast majority of them (If for whatever reason we do get blown out by Maryland or Georgia, I wobn't like it but I can live with one blow out.) then Gailey should probably stay.
- If we go 6-6, barely winning the games we did and being spanked in the others then Gailey should go.

All in all, this coming up season is Gaileys season to prove himself. For those of you predicting that we will go 2-10 or 3-9, do not be crying for Gailey's firing if we have another 7-5 or 8-4 season because he would have done (much) better than you expected.

As for my actual predictions, I will make them after the previews come out late this week or early next week so that I can break every team down and predict game-by-game.

No, if Chan shows some life and pulls a few upsets AND makes a respectable showing against UGAg then he can easily punch his ticket for one more ride.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree, a necessity for Chan to stay long-term is competing with UGAg.

You know we may lose to MD again next year, but BOB certainly won't have anything to do with it. Somehow I'm not too worried about who our opponenets have as their LB COACH!!!! Let's face it guys, he may turn out to be a great coach someday, but he was totally overmatched as OC especially when he had to develop a QB himself.

Back