Press conference presence

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I love CBK but he needs to be coached up for his press conferences...

Look no further than your old boss, Nick Saban - win, lose or draw Saban takes that microphone and owns it. No matter what is churning inside, you have to put all of it aside and own the room.

Look no further than your old boss, Nick Saban - win, lose or draw Saban takes that microphone and owns it. No matter what is churning inside, you have to put all of it aside and own the room.

do you know how to post videos to Facebook?

He has gotten more comfortable in these media interviews. His genuine passion for building a winning program comes out and I'm happy about it.

I think this was one of his best press conferences. Only negative was the curt one word answers.

Those are the best part.

No. If the team wants media coverage, the head coach needs to be insightful, cooperative and not come across as a d@*k. Writers need material and giving a 1-word answer ticks off everyone in the room. We all despise that we lost, however you’re always repping the program and 1-word answers aren’t adding to the discourse.

I’ve been waiting for someone on the board to call out CBK for not being polished. He’s been on the sidelines for 20 years, and yet he rushes through his answers, mumbles a lot and doesn’t always speak intelligibly. Sometimes you have to expand on something for the benefit of the journalist and their readers (us, the fans). You can show your disgust while still playing the game and being engaging.

No. If the team wants media coverage, the head coach needs to be insightful, cooperative and not come across as a d@*k. Writers need material and giving a 1-word answer ticks off everyone in the room. We all despise that we lost, however you’re always repping the program and 1-word answers aren’t adding to the discourse.

I’ve been waiting for someone on the board to call out CBK for not being polished. He’s been on the sidelines for 20 years, and yet he rushes through his answers, mumbles a lot and doesn’t always speak intelligibly. Sometimes you have to expand on something for the benefit of the journalist and their readers (us, the fans). You can show your disgust while still playing the game and being engaging.
He has an email address to which you could send these recommendations. You, in fact, should do this.

I’m not 1 of his influencers. He needs to hear it from his inner circle. Someone he trusts. Maybe GOL…who knows.

I want a coach that is in as bad of a mood after losing to U[sic]GA as we are.
Exactly If you have a lot of words to say and aren't pissed to the point you go and try to coach that bitch of a coach they got then there is a MAJOR problem

I’m not 1 of his influencers. He needs to hear it from his inner circle. Someone he trusts. Maybe GOL…who knows.
People are influenced by everything they hear no matter how it is delivered. Even though it wouldn’t be the first time he would have heard it, cumulatively it might the effect he could benefit by

Stfu

my one (almost) word answer…

About this subject. Love that he’s pissed. F the press.

You picked the best coach in all of football as a comparison. And given his record and stature, he is given a lot of deference that Key would not be.

I think Key can be better and should work on it a little but he is fine.

Kirby isn’t good at press stuff but it doesn’t matter. Most coaches are mid at best and some are downright embarrassing with the press.

Personally I don’t see a problem with his press conference. I don’t think GT hired him to be a polished public speaker. If you’re looking for one of those go elsewhere. If the media wants more than one word answers then ask a viable Da,n question and not some stupid BS question.

Back