Press conference presence

Would you rather have a polished bullshit, used car salesman?

GO JACKETS!!
byteback
“Give all the credit to NIU/uga. That’s a great team. The greatest ever. We only lost by 45 this week. We lost by 55 last week. That’s progress. Biggest rebuild ever. I took over a team that beat uga last year and is coming off a disappointing season in which they went to a bowl. Big rebuild. Biggest ever. Pandemic. 404.”
I’ll take this version of responses.

Would you rather have a polished bullshit, used car salesman?

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

No, and we don't need a cheerleading Dabo either.
Watching our guy on the ACC postgame show after UNC & Syracuse.....all the mumbling and unclear / inarticulate words can be tough to digest....

I think this was one of his best press conferences. Only negative was the curt one word answers.
IMG_1976.gif

Georgia defense is so great. You ran for over 200yds. Did you expect to be able to run on them like that?

“Yes.”

I chubbed up. Ya damn straight we expect to push them off the ball.
“No, I was surprised. I have a team full of pussies and uga is so amazing. I’m shocked we were even invited to this game. Did I answer your question? May I answer another?”

Whomever is butthurt over CBK press conference has either (a) never competed athletically on a meaningful, sacrificial level or (b) is just a dick.

His temperament and focus is right where it should be…pissed off he lost a game, supportive of his players and coaches, and ready to get back to work. That’s a winner’s attitude.

I love CBK but he needs to be coached up for his press conferences...

Look no further than your old boss, Nick Saban - win, lose or draw Saban takes that microphone and owns it. No matter what is churning inside, you have to put all of it aside and own the room.

I really like the way Coach Key handles his press conferences. Most coaches are so fake. Coach Key is real. I hope Coach Key will keep doing them the same way.

Much to do about nothing. He had two short answers and about 10 perfectly normal answers. He’s upset, he’s genuine, and at the end of the day give me a sound football coach not a media puppet.

Disagree with this assessment. I thought it was a good interview.

Eh....I found some of those appropriate.

"Do you think the program is in better shape than it was when you took over?"

"Yes."

I think CPJ is mentoring him. If so, it would be at least in part to shovel dirt on the Clown for the disrespect.

No. If the team wants media coverage, the head coach needs to be insightful, cooperative and not come across as a d@*k. Writers need material and giving a 1-word answer ticks off everyone in the room. We all despise that we lost, however you’re always repping the program and 1-word answers aren’t adding to the discourse.

I’ve been waiting for someone on the board to call out CBK for not being polished. He’s been on the sidelines for 20 years, and yet he rushes through his answers, mumbles a lot and doesn’t always speak intelligibly. Sometimes you have to expand on something for the benefit of the journalist and their readers (us, the fans). You can show your disgust while still playing the game and being engaging.
Except that most of those asking questions are probably writing with an anti GT bias in mind. Just win and the rest takes care of itself.

Back