Discussion in 'Football' started by Gotechgo, Oct 19, 2019.
I’ll have to check the tape
Give me a break. We aren't all sitting around here and crying in our soup anymore... This win absolutely changed the stingtalk program.
Look at it this way, lose this game and our record falls to 1-6 with no expectations of a win the rest of the season. A 1-11 season becomes a real possibility. CGC has to sell THAT product to recruits.
Win and CGC can sell visible progress to recruits. Miami still has name recognition even with a 3-3 record.
Actually, I think it might be better or worse than it seems, in this case.
As a salesman myself, I see the enormous benefits of being able to show recruits the incredible amount of numbers the freshmen are putting up.
CGC will get us some more NFL dudes...A Brown is NFL material through and through.
I was really impressed with the play today. We fought like all hell.
Patenaude punished Miami’s DL in the 2nd half with solid blocking, substitutes and Mason— who is a total bad ass.
We ran Mason in the 2nd half and absolutely wore down the Miami DL in their own muggy environment. Credit Brent Key. He coached a great game challenging our OL to open some holes.
Our secondary is really good. They won despite bullshit flags on PI calls.
This team can win 4 more games this season.
We will get our transfers in, in 2020 that will bring heat on our DL. And we will finish with a Top 30 recruiting class.
What I liked this afternoon was “WIN”. We did it. No questions asked. And we did it against a roster that was better.
Tre Swilling is a boss. He will do us proud at the next level.
The zone on 3rd+ downs was frustrating, especially guys sitting five yards beyond 1st down markers like on the last play of the game. Roddy called it out
Yes, let’s bring PJ into the conversation
Program changing is a bit extreme, but this was a good milestone
I hope BJS is ok
Why so triggered at never winning in Miami?
We are a quarter ahead of schedule, but I predicted this.
Great win. But you are correct, just re-watched it and it was one of the ugliest games by both teams. We almost "willed" the outcome. A good trait for any team to possess.
No, this is their message.
1. The players are great. This is a bowl team, cuz last year's team was a bowl team! No team has ever been this stocked with talent, and if you say otherwise you are saying that no player on the team has any talent at all.
2. All offensive plays must be with the quarterback under center, cuz... well, not sure why, but it is important!
3. The team is terribly, horribly coached. Fire them all! Why, on one play a walk-on offensive lineman playing for his second week ever had a false start, and good coaches just do not let that ever happen.
4. The team is undisciplined, and it is the fault of the head coach! Why, on one play, the receiver celebrated with three, count them THREE, crotch pumps.
5. I didn't mention the last coach in my fair, balanced review of the game, so you better not! What??? You said his name??? Waaaah! Waaaah! Just let it go!!!!!
“Program changing” is a little much I think. But “season changing” seems possible. UGA is the only team left that is significantly better than Miami with UVA being on a tier above the others. 4 games left on the schedule now against teams we can reasonably expect to win. We’ll have confidence/momentum on our side too.
Let it go man.
To avoid potential suicides, let's temper expectations a bit. The most important thing is that we see week-over-week improvement, which we have since Temple (rock bottom - even more so than Citadel, where we looked better and should have won). Continuing that pattern is what we should expect to see.
As far as wins, the game against Miami shows that we can compete in all remaining ACC games and could win, but we shouldn't expect to win anything.
The maddening part about this season is that this team could have had anywhere from 0 to 4 wins right now.
StinGTalk -where winning brings out as much bitching as losing.
You know how every Miami fan in the world starts posting "Da U is BAKKKKK" after they make a field goal to take the lead in the first quarter of a game? Know how annoying and ridiculous that is? Let's not be Miami fans.