"Proper Perspective"

Cross divisional games shouldn't count toward division standings. The point is to find who the best team is to represent the division since there's a championship game, so I don't see why games against the other division matter any more than OOC games

And that's today's edition of "facts you can't ööööing argue with".

IMHO - if you take all the horribleness that has been posted here since losing to USF and multiply it by 100 you still wouldn't scratch to the unfathomable horribleness of Duke getting to play Wake Forest every year while Tech has to play Clemson every year.

You don't have to educate me on how and why this is (cross division rivalry) - I AM NOT AN F*CKING IDIOT! - but when you only play 8 games and one of them is an automatic loss (Clemson) and one is a pretty likely victory (Wake) it renders every singular aspect of the entirety of College Football (let alone the ACC) 100% stupid and meaningless.

Yet, 99.9999% of all Tech fans gleefully accept this horrible inequity and simply say - hey that's the way it is or even more moronically - I don't mind playing Clemson (Tech's rival) every year and getting beaten to a pulp.

The 2 inter-division games should be rotated every year - not just one team. Better yet every team should play 10 Conference Games thereby eliminating all the high school competition. Of course - this won't happen because that would jeopardize teams going 6-6 (by padding their wins against sh*t comp) and thereby being "bowl eligible" (yippee!!!!!) and then get to play Tulsa in the Humiliation Bowl in North Dakota.

What a total f*cking nightmare...............

More unbelievable and sad than the above irrefutable truth - is that posters will respond here with - if you hate college football so much why do you post / you are a troll / you suck d*ck. Say what you - it isn't going to change the fact the even the scheduling is so horribly broken. See Alabama and their pussified out-of-conference schedule. What a total sh*t-show!
you suck d*ck

Cross divisional games shouldn't count toward division standings. The point is to find who the best team is to represent the division since there's a championship game, so I don't see why games against the other division matter any more than OOC games

This is why we should all have 18 team conferences, 2 divisons of 9 teams that play an 8 game round robin(essentially 2 9 team conferences linked together for TV revenue). Divison Champions meet at the championship game and serve as the first round of an 8 team playoff. Game against the other division are OOC games.

Why would we not want to play clemson? Our schedule is easy enough as it is.

Who puke plays should have nothing to do with what we want to accomplish?

Unless some are made that clemson won’t play at GF every year like Dodd demanded.[/QUOTE
In case you have been under a rock - Duke is better than Tech.

This is why we should all have 18 team conferences, 2 divisons of 9 teams that play an 8 game round robin(essentially 2 9 team conferences linked together for TV revenue). Divison Champions meet at the championship game and serve as the first round of an 8 team playoff. Game against the other division are OOC games.
This is an excellent retort! WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as we get to play Duke, Clemson and Georgia every year, anything's fine with me.

Love the Clemson rivalry. If you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. Never run away from a challenge. We've beaten them soundly for years on end before. The pendulum will swing back.

No. Pendulum broken. Pls ban.

It looks like the only time the disparity might have cost us the division was in 2013. That season, we beat Duke 38-14, but we lost to Clemson while Duke beat WF, so we finished with a conference record of 5-3 and Duke was 6-2. Different Atlantic opponents would have likely resulted in a 6-2 or 5-3 tie with us winning the tie-breaker. Duke and Clemson improving over the last several years makes that an outcome that could be more common, though. Bowl game ranking is more likely to be affected.

öööö. We need to get back to beating UNC and DUKE every year before we worry about who Duke plays.

Love the Clemson rivalry. If you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. Never run away from a challenge. We've beaten them soundly for years on end before. The pendulum will swing back.

Thank you for this level headed post.

IMHO - if you take all the horribleness that has been posted here since losing to USF and multiply it by 100 you still wouldn't scratch to the unfathomable horribleness of Duke getting to play Wake Forest every year while Tech has to play Clemson every year.

You don't have to educate me on how and why this is (cross division rivalry) - I AM NOT AN F*CKING IDIOT! - but when you only play 8 games and one of them is an automatic loss (Clemson) and one is a pretty likely victory (Wake) it renders every singular aspect of the entirety of College Football (let alone the ACC) 100% stupid and meaningless.

Yet, 99.9999% of all Tech fans gleefully accept this horrible inequity and simply say - hey that's the way it is or even more moronically - I don't mind playing Clemson (Tech's rival) every year and getting beaten to a pulp.

The 2 inter-division games should be rotated every year - not just one team. Better yet every team should play 10 Conference Games thereby eliminating all the high school competition. Of course - this won't happen because that would jeopardize teams going 6-6 (by padding their wins against sh*t comp) and thereby being "bowl eligible" (yippee!!!!!) and then get to play Tulsa in the Humiliation Bowl in North Dakota.

What a total f*cking nightmare...............

More unbelievable and sad than the above irrefutable truth - is that posters will respond here with - if you hate college football so much why do you post / you are a troll / you suck d*ck. Say what you - it isn't going to change the fact the even the scheduling is so horribly broken. See Alabama and their pussified out-of-conference schedule. What a total sh*t-show!
Are you OK, bro? Maybe drink a glass of water and just relax on the couch for a little bit. Seems like you’re getting a bit too worked up.

Back