Pyron better then King

Everybody must get stoned
1726390256021.png

Philo came in for the last couple drives today and he did not look like a freshman. This is the deepest we have been at QB in a very long time.
I was thinking the same thing. Pyron looked good as well. I know we’ve only brought him in for wildcat goal line situations but it was good to see him run pass plays to a T. Granted it was VMI but these guys need reps. I was surprised not to see Knowles from TX not play. They played the walk on Brady but not him. I’m sure they might have had we had the extra 5min in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I’ll tell you right now, the future will be Philo after King. The freshman plays like an upper classmen. His situational awareness and pocket presence today as well as the spring game showed glimpses of what he could be. He quietly broke the yards passed record in GHSA previously held by Trevor Lawrence. We got a steal in him as he would have been rated higher had he come from a bigger hs. He reminds me very much of Joe Hamilton and his game moxy.
He has Moxie? Is this 1925?

The most popular player in all of sports has always been the backup QB. If Pyron got the starting job you’d be cheering for King his second start.
He said better THEN King.

Not sure what he means by that. We he sobers up in a few days, he can explain his drunken fever dream.

Everyone’s favorite player is the backup QB.

Pyron threw some nice balls today but I’m gonna trust that our coaching staff knows who the better QB is.
I didn't say he should start.. just that he's made better reads and looks more comfortable back there

Fact of the matter is, GT is in a position most schools aren’t in right now. If King gets knocked out of a game, I have no concern that Pyron can come in and lead the team to a win without the O missing a beat. Pyron is the opposite of most backup QB’s in CFB, who would have gone the Portal route. Look at Kensucky for example.

That said, King won the battle for QB1, and there is 0.00% reason why there is any concern at QB.

King has another year of eligibility. I have to assume he might not use it given that Pyron has not transferred. There's only a year between them.

King has another year of eligibility. I have to assume he might not use it given that Pyron has not transferred. There's only a year between them.
A lot of teams will be coming for King next year. He’ll have to decide if he wants to begin pursuit of NFL as a late round pick, UDFA. Take a 7 figure-ish offer from an LSU or Notre Dame type; or finish out here for less money, but at a place he will be remembered as one of the greats in a school’s history.

I didn't say he should start.. just that he's made better reads and looks more comfortable back there

The title of this thread is “Pyron better than King.”

If that is what you believe, why wouldn’t you think he should start?

The title of this thread is “Pyron better than King.”

If that is what you believe, why wouldn’t you think he should start?
Aktuallly, it says then King.

So Pyron is better, then King is. First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

Drunkposting can be fun!

Back