Randy Edsall out at Maryland

They should hire Niumatalolo from Navy. Save money on a long move and introduce the Big10 to the TO.

So, I think all three of the other legitimate names floated instead of CPJ have been fired: Neuheisel, Muschamp and Edsall. The other names include Chris Hatcher, who was fired from Georgia Southern. Then at Murray State he had a very mediocre record, 3-9 his last year.

Two minority candidates were Charlie Strong and Joker Phillips. Joker Phillips went 2-10 his last year at Kentucky. Charlie Strong may have done a fine job, it's hard to say. Louisville also had more success before Strong than Georgia Tech had before CPJ.

So all the reasons we hired CPJ in the first place still apply. His biggest mistake was hiring Groh, but it's also not like he had SEC money to hire a proven college DC. Groh was a somewhat proven DC, but only at the pro level. Wommack also had a sketchy employment history, and even now at Ole Miss, Ole Miss seems to have a more DC-by-committee like we had in 2012 after firing Groh.

ANNNNKKK!!!!!! Thanks for playing.

Edsall öööö the bed imo opinion when he left UCONN. I also think we dodged a bullet by not hiring him here.

Prolly belongs as an asst in the NFL.

Not far off. Dude is a good DC. I wouldn't mind having him back at tech at dc. Now we know there is no chance of that. But he is a good dc.

Back