Recruiting Problems

I am on it. Plenty of more Jackson's where this comes from.
BRIBE.gif

Now take your sweetie out to dinner and a movie

For the life of me, I can't understand why we'd pony up for a newcomer, unproven coach but not for a known quantity. Of course, I'll be happy if we pony up now, regardless.
I could tell you, but would it traumatize you to know that many recruits that have P5 options don't want to play in an option system? Just asking before I reply.

CPJ didn't target your typical lineman, I have heard, preferring people who can get to the second level fast rather than pass block. Not sure if that's malarkey or not.
Just look at the size of our offensive linemen today and uhm it is quite clear that Paul did not target your typical linemen.

I could tell you, but would it traumatize you to know that many recruits that have P5 options don't want to play in an option system? Just asking before I reply.
But then, the simple fact that we're no longer an option system should juice our recruiting regardless of the financial investment.

*sigh* If we're investing more into recruiting, I'll be happy it's finally happening and just accept it.

lol if you think this team was playing their best and fastest game possible. We were not overmatched by this team but we are also not a team that can show up and win. And we will never be that. I think Collins is the type of coach who will always get max effort. I just hope it comes with ball and penalty discipline as well. I almost don’t care about any other aspect of the team moreso than simply not beating ourselves and giving max effort. If we did that at the tail end of PJ’s tenure we would’ve been much better.

For the life of me, I can't understand why we'd pony up for a newcomer, unproven coach but not for a known quantity. Of course, I'll be happy if we pony up now, regardless.

The new contract is very comparable in context with the initial contract the last coach received here. Neither were proven commodities at the P5 level.

The last coach sold his system, with the promise he preferred niche athletes the rest of the P5 did not value for half his signees. Sadly, he did a lot better with the highly recruited players he inherited (classes Geoff was integral in landing BTW) - 74% than he did with his recruits tailored to his system - 54%. If he had continued his lower level coaching success at P5 with his niche athletes, that would have saved the Institute expense at the recruiting level.

As that did not pan out, it was obvious to the current administration, which apparently actually shows up to work unlike his predecessor, that recruiting mattered and the school needed to find a coach who could successfully recruit at GT and give him the resources needed to excel. Geoff is a proven quantity in his ability to connect with athletes that are eligible to be attracted to Georgia Tech. In many ways he invented the customer contact tools he used here the second time around, that actually put Georgia Tech at a recruiting advantage compared to the factories, which is why Saban bought him (and his innovative methodology) for Alabama.

The AD has a vision of what GT's brand should look like. The new HFC has an essentially identical vision of that brand, a vision that predated the AD's vision. The cost of that brand is we be allowed to let an outstanding recruiter recruit.

Maybe you had an idea of some "name" coach that you wanted to replace CPJ. Whoever you had in mind absolutely did not have the same level of recruiting experience/success at a P5 school of academic excellence as did Geoff.

Some of you need to spend a few years just enjoying the ride, rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

The new contract is very comparable in context with the initial contract the last coach received here. Neither were proven commodities at the P5 level.

The last coach sold his system, with the promise he preferred niche athletes the rest of the P5 did not value for half his signees. Sadly, he did a lot better with the highly recruited players he inherited (classes Geoff was integral in landing BTW) - 74% than he did with his recruits tailored to his system - 54%. If he had continued his lower level coaching success at P5 with his niche athletes, that would have saved the Institute expense at the recruiting level.

As that did not pan out, it was obvious to the current administration, which apparently actually shows up to work unlike his predecessor, that recruiting mattered and the school needed to find a coach who could successfully recruit at GT and give him the resources needed to excel. Geoff is a proven quantity in his ability to connect with athletes that are eligible to be attracted to Georgia Tech. In many ways he invented the customer contact tools he used here the second time around, that actually put Georgia Tech at a recruiting advantage compared to the factories, which is why Saban bought him (and his innovative methodology) for Alabama.

The AD has a vision of what GT's brand should look like. The new HFC has an essentially identical vision of that brand, a vision that predated the AD's vision. The cost of that brand is we be allowed to let an outstanding recruiter recruit.

Maybe you had an idea of some "name" coach that you wanted to replace CPJ. Whoever you had in mind absolutely did not have the same level of recruiting experience/success at a P5 school of academic excellence as did Geoff.

Some of you need to spend a few years just enjoying the ride, rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole.
+1,000 Awesome assessment

So, we're taking the difference in salary between an "established" coach and an "unproven" coach and applying it to recruiting? That makes sense. I'm in. Let's do this.

Back