Recruiting Rankings

Discussion in 'Football' started by cbee, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ncjacket

ncjacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Sorry if you can’t see the way we closed strong under the new staff and the recognition of the energy by recruits for 2020 and beyond. Instead of losing players at the end we flipped some and won 2 big recruits against serious competitors on signing day. This year’s class is better because of the work Collins and his guys did over the last 2 months and promises much more in the future.

• Like Like x 4
  2. GTCrew

GTCrew Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    You have to ignore a lot of facts to take your position.

Fact is there were two recruiting classes. An early one and a late one. The first class is much larger so it will dominate the total ranking for 2019. We were at 50ish and bottom quartile in the ACC. With just a few additions we moved up into the 40s and are near mid ACC. If you ignore the stars, look at who we were competing with for the early class vs the late class. The late class we were competing against big time power 5 schools and winning.

You can look at my post history and see I was and am a big fan of cpj. But the difference in recruiting so far is undeniable. People have very good reason to be giddy.

• Like Like x 14
  3. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    This. Anyone who doesn't see the difference is not paying much attention or is being a Debbie Downer just because they want to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cbee

cbee Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Carrollton, Georgia
    No doubt there is more excitement but just think it is premature. Call me a retard or Debbie Downer or whatever you choose. Hoping that all of the current excitement is justified 2 or 3 years down the road.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 6
  5. MACHETE

MACHETE Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    Tijuana
    Team:
    Jackets
    That is true. Didn't even factor in Jamious Griffin.

6. MACHETE

MACHETE Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    Tijuana
    Team:
    Jackets
    Come on man, you have to look at what CGC did outside of the recruits that had already committed to CPJ. That is reason for excitement. (No disrespect to CPJ's recruits, who I think will adapt well to new system).

7. TechRush

TechRush Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Georgia
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Why can't we just move on. If people would just stop dumping on the former staff when pumping up the new staff things would be so much better around here.

If a 2 star TE gets your juices flowing then hell yeah! I will hold my judgement until after I see these kids take some snaps when it matters.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. GTCrew

GTCrew Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    Look, i think we all agree that the only things that actually matter in football are wins and championships. But nobody denies that talent matters when it comes to winning.

Do you look around at fans celebrating a touchdown in the first quarter and say "No doubt there is more excitement but just think it is premature. Call me a retard or Debbie Downer or whatever you choose. Hoping that all of the current excitement is justified at the end of the game."

Of course not.

It is simply a given that better players is undeniably good. It will help us in our quest to win games and championships.

• Like Like x 4
  9. moochie

moochie Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    atlanta
    Team:
    ga tech
    excitement is for all the late, great news, and I agree w/the optimism. I love the engagement, direction and change from the CPJ days of "find me a small, smart one". the secondary looks fairly stacked, but they might have to play coverage for 8 seconds if we can't improve the front 7. but really like the energy the new staff has brought in... and the responses are spot on. we turned an acc 13, overall 75 crootin into a 8/50 thru great efforts by CGC and his staff.

that said, I'm not sportin major, towel-hangin wood til i see if this staff can "coach em up". I honestly believe we have 7-5 talent this year and I, for one, will be disappointed with 4-8 or 5-7. others may give this a pass in year 1 of the CGC reign of terror, but not me. we got to get plus-.500 to keep the momentum going and the croots leaning our way next year.

lastly and maybe most-importantly, we need to breed some energy into that near-dead stadium and it needs to start with our half-ass student attendance. I don't care if we hand out hookers or pocket protectors, we need to figure a way to light that place up. it's almost embarrassing at times. it's not going to help that our first dodd-game is coming on the heals of a (possible) clempsum thumpin. a good showing in that game is going to be key, me thinks. gotta get off the blocks. must notch a win in that second game vs. USF, who will come in with equal talent to us.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Architorture23

Architorture23 Gentle and authentic and loving.

Loc:
    Sec 111
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Reserve your excitement if you want. Have fun being reserved. If you're right and it was not deserved, I'm sure you'll feel great about how right you were.

IOW, why not get excited?

• Like Like x 3
  11. fakelegzz

fakelegzz Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    Collierville, Tn
    Team:
    georgia tech
    Next year will tell the tale

12. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    They think they'll run out of juice. They don't understand that "Peak Juice" is a liberal lie.

13. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I mean, this is sports fandom. What fun is a cautious, wait and see approach? I have enough of that in my general life. Inject the juice directly into my veins. I am told you can't overdose on the stuff. You just kind of reach a plateau of hype.

• Like Like x 3
  14. JJacket

JJacket 1st to pass for 2500 and rush for 1000

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    If it weren't for Collins, Griffin would have signed with NC State. Let that sink in

• Like Like x 2
  15. GoGATech

GoGATech Big Dummy

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Also would not have Ezzard, Nazir Burnett, or Mike Lockhart

16. samsgt02

samsgt02 Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    Sandy Springs
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Everyone is excited because there is a culture change. And I'm not talking triple option to whatever offense we're going to run. I'm talking about marketing, how we see ourselves, the "we are Atlanta" attitude vs what most of us have seen in our lives as Tech fans.

Our head coach is truly innovative and has been his whole career in recruiting. I went to work out this morning listening to XM's college sports station and they were replaying an interview with Collins from yesterday. They were gushing over him, and he had them eating out of his hand. Why, because a Waffle House food truck was parked on the 50 yard line at Bobby Dodd. That's all Collins. It got him air time, tweets, message boards, etc. all talking about Tech on National Signing Day.

We're in the midst of a culture change. We're going to focus on the positives of Tech, from Adidas to education to technology to Atlanta pop culture to even the Waffle House.

You should embrace the excitement. Excitement brings more money to the athletic department.

• Like Like x 12
  17. Ed Sawyer

Ed Sawyer I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.

Loc:
    New York City
    Team:
    Ma Tech
    Wait until it dawns on you that Geoff doesn't sign Jamious in 2019 if Paul doesn't sign Quon in 2018.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GTRules

GTRules Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Orlando
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Stupid thread is stupid.

19. savbandjacket

savbandjacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    A Bunker
    Team:
    GT
    So what you’re saying is that CPJ’s recruiting class doesn’t really impress you.

I agree!

I’m impressed by the few guys CGC pulled in after he arrived.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jacketfan1

Jacketfan1 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Georgia
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Agree 100%

That's the thing, he was at an uphill battle for most of the guys that he got. Very impressive for some one that got in a week before what seems to be the real NSD now. A lot of people don't realize that some of these kids that were commited, he had to "re-recruit" them. They could have easily decommitted because paul leaving.