Recruiting Rankings

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
+1 – except for the use of 'gaslighting'
You sure about that? It’s a lot manipulating by the TO crew making those who are excited by the progress we made in 2 months is some illusion

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
That wasn't point. My point was that if Quon had signed with, say, Appalachian State, I don't think his brother comes to Tech, regardless of who the coach is or what scheme we run.
But there is no evidence to support that

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
But there is no evidence to support that
True, it's mostly speculation. But there's also no evidence that he was interested in Temple or North Texas or any of the other schools our current staff was at prior to Tech. So, yes the current coaches did a great job at flipping him, but I'm sure his brother being at Tech helped matters greatly too, as his quotes yesterday suggested.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
That wasn't point. My point was that if Quon had signed with, say, Appalachian State, I don't think his brother comes to Tech, regardless of who the coach is or what scheme we run.
It's honestly hard to say. I think Quon was waiting for a Tech offer because his family does like Tech quite a bit. He was likely headed to Tulane before we offered late.

Plus, we are in-state. Given that ugag didn't offer Jamious, I don't think it is a stretch to think he may have chosen us even if his brother wasn't here.

But, we will never know. Quon and Jamious are both going to be good pick ups, in my opinion.

cbee

Flats Noob
OP: your dwag is showing.
And your idiocy is showing. I have not been critical of the current staff. In my mind, and I’ve said so, they have done a very good job. My original question was simply about how giddy everyone is over the number 45 or so class in America. Seems like a major over reaction to me but that is only my opinion and everyone has one. Like I have stated before, next year at this time is a better time to judge. My dawg is showing? You are stupid.

olgoldandwhite

Dodd-Like
I wish there was a way to project the rankings just on those that contribute. Out of the 85 signed over a period of years, many never see the field. Subtract the ones from UGA , for example, that transferred, arrested, or whatever and some of the classes are not all quite as good.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
And your idiocy is showing. I have not been critical of the current staff. In my mind, and I’ve said so, they have done a very good job. My original question was simply about how giddy everyone is over the number 45 or so class in America. Seems like a major over reaction to me but that is only my opinion and everyone has one. Like I have stated before, next year at this time is a better time to judge. My dawg is showing? You are stupid.
Simple answer. Start from mid-December to Feb 6th look at the what he was able to do

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
I hate that you get big cried for asking a legit question. As others have stated, Collins closed on some serious talent and significantly upgraded this class compared to where it was headed before the retirement announcement. ESPN is kind of strange with its rankings. I usually trust 24x7 composite rankings the most.

cbee

Flats Noob
I hate that you get big cried for asking a legit question. As others have stated, Collins closed on some serious talent and significantly upgraded this class compared to where it was headed before the retirement announcement. ESPN is kind of strange with its rankings. I usually trust 24x7 composite rankings the most.
Impossible to have a discussion or opinion that differs from others without someone getting their feelings hurt. Sad.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Impossible to have a discussion or opinion that differs from others without someone getting their feelings hurt. Sad.
The thing is there were a lot of good responses and counterpoints to your objections and you're kinda just ignoring them and doubling down on negativity. So, it leads people to think you're kinda trolling.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
I don't care where we're ranked in recruiting this year. What I'm excited about is the new recruiting process that has been put in place. Our new coaches have done great in the short time they've been here, and we got some great new players. But the neatest thing is that Tech is making a big push to make the football program elite. Just think, Georgia almost won the National Championship both of the last two years, but it feels like Tech is the program that's surging. This is incredible to me.