Reggie Ball

I like him

He drove me nuts sometimes but so do my kids

I like Gailey too.

Some people here were very unhappy way before Gailey or Reggie ever got here. They just found something to direct it at and never let go.

I've always laughed at guys with ugly wives who aren't the best at their job - who have the nerve to say they "will not accept mediocrity"

Guys who never played the sport who say a guy on scholarship "is awful"

Guys who demand we be best nationally when they aren't even the best in their own office location

He was a kid who was under a spotlight. He handled college a lot better than I ever did.

Auburn 2 for 2 - # 3 Miami - 10 win NC State teams w Philip Rivers, TA McClendon, and FOUR first round draft picks on D - 10 win Maryland teams - He won a lot more than some of you guys seem to remember

But you should appreciate him or at least give him a break either way.

+1

I like him

He drove me nuts sometimes but so do my kids

I like Gailey too.

Some people here were very unhappy way before Gailey or Reggie ever got here. They just found something to direct it at and never let go.

I've always laughed at guys with ugly wives who aren't the best at their job - who have the nerve to say they "will not accept mediocrity"

Guys who never played the sport who say a guy on scholarship "is awful"

Guys who demand we be best nationally when they aren't even the best in their own office location

He was a kid who was under a spotlight. He handled college a lot better than I ever did.

Auburn 2 for 2 - # 3 Miami - 10 win NC State teams w Philip Rivers, TA McClendon, and FOUR first round draft picks on D - 10 win Maryland teams - He won a lot more than some of you guys seem to remember

But you should appreciate him or at least give him a break either way.

Post of the year!

Add me to the list of people appreciating RB for his efforts and contributions.

57 TDs vs 55 Ints
48% passing percent w/ megatron
0-4 against Dwags
Flunked out Sr year

"College football writer Pete Fiutak, contributor to the website Collegefootballnews.com, challenged readers to name a more ineffective four-year college football starter than Ball"

R***** B***

Reggie did an order of magnitude more for this program in 4 years than you will in your lifetime. Put a sock in it.

Reggie Ball is Reggie Ball. Super secret inside sources told me he was the laziest "turd" in the weight room (actual quote) and he seemed to not care as much as his teammates. But I've also seen Ball cut his nuts off for our team and has had some really good victories.

God he was so inaccurate. Never really improved from his Freshman season, I believe this is thanks to his laziness in the weight room. I thought he ended up getting his degree though right?

Reggie Ball is Reggie Ball. Super secret inside sources told me he was the laziest "turd" in the weight room (actual quote) and he seemed to not care as much as his teammates. But I've also seen Ball cut his nuts off for our team and has had some really good victories.

God he was so inaccurate. Never really improved from his Freshman season, I believe this is thanks to his laziness in the weight room. I thought he ended up getting his degree though right?

That Reggie was lazy in the weight room may be the most impressive thing I've ever heard about him. In the summer of 2005 my son was invited to participate in the summer camp for prospects. Players and parents got a tour of the facilities. In the weight room the kids were in awe of Reggie Ball's numbers. The leaders on various lifts and exercises were listed by position group. The kids were most impressed by Calvin's vertical leap and Reggie's numbers on the bench press and squats. His numbers were good for an offensive lineman. Hearing this about his laziness, if he had tried he would have surely been an Olympian.

Mad respect for Reggie. One of my favorite players to ever wear the white and gold.

Reggie was having a great senior year until the Georgia game....but that loss is on the refs first and pat nix second. Reggie actually did get much better over his career he was just not consistent and that's what people remember. He had several big games on top of the ones mentioned above. Yes he had Calvin but Calvin was a one man show and teams triple covered him.

Reggie beat Clemson a couple times, beat top 10 Miami and VPI on the road, auburn twice, Miami at home in 06, several big wins over a really good NCST. Had us ready to beat fsu (chan didn't go for 2...fkin idiot) etc. we were inconsistent as a team and a lot of that was Reggie but when he was on his game he was much better than several other qbs: Taylor Bennett, vad, Suggs, tevin, luginbill...I'd say he is no worse than middle of the pack over the last 25 years and he played much harder than most qbs we've had in that time

Reggie would have been a badass A back in this offense. I bet he'd knock the öööö out of some guys arc blocking.

Reggie was having a great senior year until the Georgia game....but that loss is on the refs first and pat nix second.

I don't have any problem with Reggie and it's awesome that he is staying active promoting GT, but this is revisionist history. In the UNC game two weeks before U[sic]GA, he went 10/24 for 78 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT. Against Clemson a few weeks before that, he went 12/25 for 117 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Season opener against Notre Dame was 12/24 for 140 yards, 1 TD, and 0 INT (and yes, one bogus helmet to helmet call that was not his fault.)

That 06 team was stacked and had multiple NFL players on both sides of the ball. We didn't have much hype going into the season, but we could have been legitimate national title contenders. It was one of the bigger disappointments of my time at GT. Our defense ended up very good (yes, they did have some lapses), but the offense...those numbers should never happen when you have the greatest receiver ever to play the game and an NFL caliber running back.

I don't have any problem with Reggie and it's awesome that he is staying active promoting GT, but this is revisionist history. In the UNC game two weeks before U[sic]GA, he went 10/24 for 78 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT. Against Clemson a few weeks before that, he went 12/25 for 117 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Season opener against Notre Dame was 12/24 for 140 yards, 1 TD, and 0 INT (and yes, one bogus helmet to helmet call that was not his fault.)

That 06 team was stacked and had multiple NFL players on both sides of the ball. We didn't have much hype going into the season, but we could have been legitimate national title contenders. It was one of the bigger disappointments of my time at GT. Our defense was elite (yes, they did have some lapses), but the offense...those numbers should never happen when you have the greatest receiver ever to play the game and an NFL caliber running back.

Blame Chan and his staff. Reggie was himself. If there was someone better, they should've been put in. Either there was such a person or not. Either way that's on the coaches. All Reggie did was choose to come to Tech and play within his abilities. It's on the coaches to either improve him or replace him.

Blame Chan and his staff. Reggie was himself. If there was someone better, they should've been put in. Either there was such a person or not. Either way that's on the coaches. All Reggie did was choose to come to Tech and play within his abilities. It's on the coaches to either improve him or replace him.

Yes, I agree. Reggie was a talent with a lot of upside who didn't pan out...but instead of recruiting someone better to compete with him (and hopefully win) after his sophomore or junior years, they just let him keep playing and were never able to get him over the hump.

The curse of Chan...recruit a sick team, but then be unable to get them to be anything more than mediocre.

Ball was good enough to keep anyone Chan recruited from getting the game reps necessary to take over. And like JT in the last two games, not all his problems were his fault.

Bingo.

/thread

Chan and Nix are the idiots that called a timeout and called for a pass against NC State in 2006 with a minute to go on the 1 yard line. Reggie would have probably just called a play and handed it to PJ Daniels if left alone. Maddest I have ever been leaving a GT game (yellow flag game against UGAg close second)

Back