Reggie Ball

Chan and Nix are the idiots that called a timeout and called for a pass against NC State in 2006 with a minute to go on the 1 yard line. Reggie would have probably just called a play and handed it to PJ Daniels if left alone. Maddest I have ever been leaving a GT game (yellow flag game against UGAg close second)

How many games did Tashard have under that regime where he had like 120 rushing on 5+ ypc and 0 TD's? The 9-6 ACCCG was an especially egregious example of that.

Chan and Nix are the idiots that called a timeout and called for a pass against NC State in 2006 with a minute to go on the 1 yard line. Reggie would have probably just called a play and handed it to PJ Daniels if left alone. Maddest I have ever been leaving a GT game (yellow flag game against UGAg close second)

Yeah, that was awful. Thursday night game, I skipped studying for a math test to go to it and then failed the next day.

How many games did Tashard have under that regime where he had like 120 rushing on 5+ ypc and 0 TD's? The 9-6 ACCCG was an especially egregious example of that.

We had fantastic skill players under Chan that were totally underutilized. PJ had somewhere around 250 yards against UNC at home and yet we don't give him the ball on the goal line against NC State.

Look at these two from 2006 (and I'm not hating on Reggie, just the coaching staff)

UGA L 15-12; Choice 23 for 146, 6.6 YPC, and 1 TD (Reggie 6-22 1.9 YDS/ATT)

WF L 9-6; Choice 21 for 100, 4.8 YPC, and 0 TD (Reggie 9-29, 4.4 YDS/ATT)

Reggie may have been a bad ass qb in this offense.

Nah, I don't trust his accuracy on the pitch. Probably fumble them all.

But ööööööö I bet he would cut the batshit out of a Sam Linebacker, and then take a dump on his face afterward. Dude had fire.

Reggie was not valueless.

I don't have any problem with Reggie and it's awesome that he is staying active promoting GT, but this is revisionist history. In the UNC game two weeks before U[sic]GA, he went 10/24 for 78 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT. Against Clemson a few weeks before that, he went 12/25 for 117 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Season opener against Notre Dame was 12/24 for 140 yards, 1 TD, and 0 INT (and yes, one bogus helmet to helmet call that was not his fault.)

That 06 team was stacked and had multiple NFL players on both sides of the ball. We didn't have much hype going into the season, but we could have been legitimate national title contenders. It was one of the bigger disappointments of my time at GT. Our defense ended up very good (yes, they did have some lapses), but the offense...those numbers should never happen when you have the greatest receiver ever to play the game and an NFL caliber running back.

This is all very true. We are a 10 or 11 win team with average QB play that season.

Back