Remember when

As the same time we had calvin, choice, daniels all nfl level players. A couple of future nfl OL too. A couple of future nfl DBs too iirc
Yeah, too bad Wake Forest was STACKED when we had Tashard Choice, Calvin Johnson, Gardner-Rhodes-Tuminello-McManus-Wrotto, Djay Jones, Jamal Lewis, Jahi Word-Daniels, Kenny Scott, Gary Guyton, KaMichael Hall, Philip Wheeler, Adamm Oliver, Darrell Robertson, Joe Anoai, Michael Johnson, Darryl Richard, Vance Walker all on the same team. Man, those were great memories. All 9 wins - and 1 of those wins was against a team that was RANKED - wow. Even fun to remember the losses: Notre Dame, Clemson, Georgia, Wake Forest, and West Virginia.

now it seems the more talented athletes are brought in for the offensive side of the ball, rather than for the defense as may have been under other coaches. just my opinion.
I disagree. Defensive recruiting classes have had better ranked talent, at least since Roof showed up. Even Groh was bringing in guys like Jerry Attaochu and Louis Young who had a lot of offers.

I remember when Alan and I were in high school together.

Good times.

Member when starting bitch ass threads got your ass banned? Oh I member!

I will say that Gailey was extraordinary at recognizing talent, despite what many claim

true. but his amazing ability to recognize talent was only matched by his amazing inability to coach it and win with it.

William Andrews would still be playing for us if he hadn't have tore up his knee.

Yeah, too bad Wake Forest was STACKED when we had Tashard Choice, Calvin Johnson, Gardner-Rhodes-Tuminello-McManus-Wrotto, Djay Jones, Jamal Lewis, Jahi Word-Daniels, Kenny Scott, Gary Guyton, KaMichael Hall, Philip Wheeler, Adamm Oliver, Darrell Robertson, Joe Anoai, Michael Johnson, Darryl Richard, Vance Walker all on the same team. Man, those were great memories. All 9 wins - and 1 of those wins was against a team that was RANKED - wow. Even fun to remember the losses: Notre Dame, Clemson, Georgia, Wake Forest, and West Virginia.

There was NOTHING fun about losses to Wake and dwags. Nothing.

I remember when other people, and not just Beestorm, had the ability to poo.

Last edited:
I hope donald trump builds a wall so I can punch it after reading this post.

Seriously, why bring this up?!?? ööööing trigger warning that öööö. I just took a lap around the office and I'm still pissed off. öööö!!!! Go öööö yourself! God damnit!!!!

Seriously, why bring this up?!?? ööööing trigger warning that öööö. I just took a lap around the office and I'm still pissed off. öööö!!!! Go öööö yourself! God damnit!!!!
He brought it up because posters keep reminiscing about how Gailey was this awesome recruiter (he wasn't) yet his very best season was a bland 9-win season where we lost to every good team we played except VT>

all that talent and won 7 games a year

I was not advocating any dreams that it used to be better

Im on record as saying that if you wanna run a pro set you better have an elite QB or you will be average and we will have a very hard time signing top QBs in any system

Thats a lot of butthurt man

He brought it up because posters keep reminiscing about how Gailey was this awesome recruiter (he wasn't) yet his very best season was a bland 9-win season where we lost to every good team we played except VT>

I never said that Gailey was a better recruiter, i said he had a knack for identifying talent others missed

And that we had more NFL players then

Both true, imo

Never said that made him the better recruiter and certainly never drew any inferences between recruiting and record

Some of yall need to pull the panties out from between your cameltoes

Back