*** REVISED *****Kelton Dawson NOT returning.....

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Thats a positive. Hard to have too many upper-classmen DL. How are we doing on the 85 limit?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I don't think anyone really knows the count.

I hope Dawson comes back with renewed energy and reigns havoc on our opponents this season.

Welcome back!

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Is it really good news? I suspect he was transferring because he was buried on the depth chart. You don't want upperclass players buried on the depth chart eating scholarships.

JJacket

Is it really good news? I suspect he was transferring because he was buried on the depth chart. You don't want upperclass players buried on the depth chart eating scholarships.
Or he wasn't buried on the depth chart and was having difficulty at GT. Perhaps he has a new, improved attitude

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Takes two to tango....

GTAA had (1) already entered him into their Scholly Calculus (see what I did there?) or (2) there's already been back channel discussions with NCAA HQ or (3) ___________ (Fill in the blank) or (4) some combination thereof.

IMNSHO, this is not going to be unusual across the P5s in such a squirrelly year.

JJacket

I am under the impression that he is not transferring, will work towards completing his degree at GT, but is not playing, is not on the team, and does not count toward the scholly limit.
Smart move if he ain't playing football to go ahead and finish at GT

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
So it seems the details are that he’s returning to school not the football team

Which makes the OP tweet weird cause he’s not returning for his redshirt junior season

Techbert

Dodd-Like
So it seems the details are that he’s returning to school not the football team

Which makes the OP tweet weird cause he’s not returning for his redshirt junior season
Blame the tweet, which sez he is returning for his rs jr season.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Seems the author of the tweet and/or article is only aware that Dawson is no longer in the portal, which is correct. He is assuming Dawson is returning to the team, which from my understanding is incorrect.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
It appears that Dawson is coming back to school but not to play college football.

The op’s tweet is erroneous that Dawson is returning to participate with the football team.