Rich Rod FIRED

From the recruit perspective:

I think it gives us a better chance with Darian Cooper- we are looking at him as a NT (Rivals 4-star DT). He was supposed to have an official visit at Michigan this Saturday - should be interesting to visit a program with no coach.

I really hope we land this kid, has a good frame to add some weight and anchor our defense. Main competition to land him is Penn State, Iowa, Mich, Mich St.

RichRod should have stayed at WVU. He had something special going there and hes burned too many bridges to ever go back.

He could be the OC at Clemson again for a couple years until he gets another head coach gig.

Does Dan Hawkins have a chance of landing as OC at Clemson?

FWIW: Someone on the Michigan board mentioned that the Fridge is a candidate.

I think it has more to do with not having a Michigan connection prior to being HC. Carr didn't play at Michigan either, but he coached under Moeller there. Moeller did the same 'cept with Schembechler. Its the lineage thing.

Not saying its a good idea, but not as limited as stated.

I don't buy any of that.

Rich Rod simply failed to meet expectations. He was supposed to deliver success quickly and was well paid to do so and he failed. Any lack of a Michigan "connection" would have been forgiven had he performed as expected.

You know who else didn't have a Michigan connection prior to coaching there initially? Bo Schembechler

Success trumps all other considerations.

Agreed.

I won't cry too much for him. He reminded me a little too much of Petrino in the way he leaves jobs.
Petrino is that special level of sleaze that only Saban can hope to aspire too. He deserves his own class. Dickrod had his reasons for leaving WVU, and some of those involved numbers followed by a whole lot of zeros, but WVU had something to do with it as well.

I think Michigan fans saw a guy that gave up a lot of points and they were annoyed that he got caught and soiled their sterling reputations. Dickrod will get hired somewhere else, where the recruiting is much easier, and he'll field a good team.

It's a huge deal not being a Michigan man and being given the keys to the Michigan program. The AD that hired RichRod should be fired along with RichRod. Michigan will hire Harbaugh and pay him whatever it takes. They will become a monstor program under his leadership.

Look for RichRod to land on his feet quickly, either at Pitt or possibly at Clemson (if Clemson had an AD that had a brain he would jump on this before the sun went down today). Unfortunately they don't so it may not happen. Dabo should be sent out on a burning raft into the middle of Clemson Lake. Sacrificed for Orangenecks.

RichRod is a sniveling dofus but can coach some O and for some strange reason, I fear him linking up with Clemson. I hope it does not happen.

Go Jackets!

RichRod is a sniveling dofus but can coach some O and for some strange reason, I fear him linking up with Clemson. I hope it does not happen.

Woody Dantzler 2001 is the subliminal messsage your brain is trying to send you.

Unless he'd take a job as OC at Clemson, I can't see him going there, at least not right now. They seem okay with Dabo for one more season.

It might mean that Dabo is in the unemployment line pretty soon. I believe that CU would dearly love to have Rich Rod.

OTOH, if Harbaugh turns UofM down, what about O'Leary? Think he's got a chance to get the job? They could do a WHOLE lot worse. He's just a bit old to begin a rebuild job.

It might mean that Dabo is in the unemployment line pretty soon. I believe that CU would dearly love to have Rich Rod.

OTOH, if Harbaugh turns UofM down, what about O'Leary? Think he's got a chance to get the job? They could do a WHOLE lot worse. He's just a bit old to begin a rebuild job.

No, too much baggage and media distraction IMO.

Les Miles would be my bet. LSU fans are discontented with him despite his accomplishments and he should be a natural fit as a Schembechler man.

Then, who would get the LSU spot? The coaching carousel would spin again.

I am not sure why Leach is not getting more mentions. His baggage is minor IMO after we heard all the background. And if he landed at a place with the talent already loaded at LSU with top receivers; I guarantee he could make a marginal QB look like a stat machine.

Michigan's gonna be looking to get a Michigan guy. Think more along the lines of Les Miles.

My guess:
UofM fires RichRod because he frankly is not good there. Harbaugh says no to them, instead going to Denver or staying at Stanford. Michigan, almost immediately after getting stood up by Harbaugh, flys Les up to Ann Arbor and hires him on the spot.

As for RichRod? He'll land a HC job somewhere like UConn, or an OC job somewhere bigger (Clemson).

There's no way that Meechigan doesn't hire Harbaugh or Les Miles. They will dump any sum of money required to make this happen. They will NOT have egg on their face like last time.

I suspect it will be Les , because everyone close to Harbaugh is saying he's not going to UM - he'll either stay at Stanford or go to the NFL (and I'd put a ton of money on him going to the NFL).

Success trumps all other considerations.

Without a doubt, winning makes an asshole womanizer coach look like a gentlemen, and a stuttering idiot look like a genious. Winning solves all problems, but having that Michigan connection before that gives a lot more slack in the rope.

Shembeckler was the last coach not to have a previous connection to Mich (and the other 2 coaches have had a connection through him). Its a big deal to UM folks and I remember them talking about it when he was first hired.

He's there Dodd, remember we chased the same thing for about 20 years with Carson, Rogers, Curry?

Back