Richt does what Johnson needs . . .

Just curious. Over the years that CPJ has been a head coach, does anyone know his tendencies with regards to assistant coaching changes? Does he make adjustments to coaching regularly or is he faithful to a fault? I doubt he would stick with someone if he doesn't think they're getting the most out of the players, but he may believe the defensive problems are more related to talent at those positions.

but he may believe the defensive problems are more related to talent at those positions.

I think that's the area that everyone is unsure about and why many think Wommack will be here next year. CPJ stressed in his radio show last night that we have lost a large amount of starters on defense. So you would have to assume that he could be buying into the "lack of talent" school of thought as opposed to the "lack of scheming" school of thought.

As much as I want Wommack gone, I won't fault CPJ if we keep him. He knows more than me, so I will just trust and support him on whatever he decides to do. That doesn't mean that I won't be wishing for a new DC until the decision is made :p.

Is lack of coaching or lack of talent---you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh**.--EITHER way!---head "chef" CPJ will figure it all out.

CPJ wouldn't fire him right now. We still need him for two more games. UGAg wouldn't need Martinez at the **** Bowl.

I don't like the lack of talent argument for the front 7. It is not getting better, it is getting worse. Paul Johnson didn't make excuses when he came in last year and we had one of the sorriest o-lines in all of CFB. Talent isn't an excuse for the DC either.

2008: 4 NFL guys on the D-Line
2009: 1 NFL guy on the D-Line
2010: No NFL guys on the D-Line. Some freshmen have hype, but the line is a tough place for a frosh to make an impact. No incoming linebackers.

Once again, as bad as our defense has been this season, I'm not convinced that this is Wommack's fault. Yet. We've basically been decimated on defense this season. That said, at some point, we've got to either coach up the other guys, or do something about the depth. The difference between now and the Tenuta days is that Wommack is not getting the first pick on guys. Paul knows a thing or two about defense, and if he's comfortable with what Wommack is doing, then it may be an issue of personell more than poor coaching.

Once again, as bad as our defense has been this season, I'm not convinced that this is Wommack's fault. Yet. We've basically been decimated on defense this season. That said, at some point, we've got to either coach up the other guys, or do something about the depth. The difference between now and the Tenuta days is that Wommack is not getting the first pick on guys. Paul knows a thing or two about defense, and if he's comfortable with what Wommack is doing, then it may be an issue of personell more than poor coaching.

How many more losses are you willing to get until you start blaming Wommack? I don't care how injured our some of our players are; you don't give up 30+ points to teams like Vanderbilt.

How many more losses are you willing to get until you start blaming Wommack? I don't care how injured our some of our players are; you don't give up 30+ points to teams like Vanderbilt.

2 losses this year

whats your argument now?

Xihix, he's not blaming Wommack because he's not a coach and doesn't know what the issues are....neither do you. PJ knows and will do what is best for the program.

I don't like the lack of talent argument for the front 7. It is not getting better, it is getting worse. Paul Johnson didn't make excuses when he came in last year and we had one of the sorriest o-lines in all of CFB. Talent isn't an excuse for the DC either.

2010: No NFL guys on the D-Line. Some freshmen have hype, but the line is a tough place for a frosh to make an impact. No incoming linebackers.

Why do we keep saying 2008 had 4 NFL lineman? Richard and Walker were afterthoughts in the draft and neither originally made NFL rosters (Walker was brought back up midseason but the point is neither are viewed as NFL backups much less starters). Johnson was a 3rd rounder when most (of us) thought he would go in the 1st. Morgan should turn out to be the best of the 4 but he was only seeing his first real playing time last year (The Derrick Morgan we see now is a greater player than the one in 2008).

2 losses this year

whats your argument now?

How many have been won because our offense had to outscore the other team by some means? And I know this sounds stupid, but you must know what I mean if you have watched any of the games this year.

Also Ncjacket, I don't see why you try to defend Wommack. He's not worth a ****. And I know you're not directly defending him, but you also know what I mean.

In 2008, we gave up an average of 30.5 points a game in the last 6 games. We managed to do this with over half our players being NFL caliber players. Simply stated, this is unacceptable.

In 2009, well, we all know what has happened in 2009.

Wommack has got to go. I believe PJ knows this and I believe its going to happen. He's saying what needs to be said now, but after the ACCCG, he'll do what needs to be done.

Xihix, he's not blaming Wommack because he's not a coach and doesn't know what the issues are....neither do you. PJ knows and will do what is best for the program.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. If my prediction turns out to be wrong, I'll still support GT, PJ and Wommack 100%.

For the guy that mentioned two losses this year, I assume you're referring to the fact that it's less than last year.

GT has SCORED 10ppg MORE than last year. That's why they've gotten away with bad D occasionally.

How many have been won because our offense had to outscore the other team by some means? And I know this sounds stupid, but you must know what I mean if you have watched any of the games this year.

Also Ncjacket, I don't see why you try to defend Wommack. He's not worth a ****. And I know you're not directly defending him, but you also know what I mean.
My point is that I don't care who the DC is but I'm also not dumb enough to think I know what the issue is. Wommack has had great defenses in his career and we weren't bad last season. If PJ thinks he needs to go he will. Otherwise why whine and moan about something that I don't understand (and that you don't either) when we're paying PJ to do it?

My point is that I don't care who the DC is but I'm also not dumb enough to think I know what the issue is. Wommack has had great defenses in his career and we weren't bad last season. If PJ thinks he needs to go he will. Otherwise why whine and moan about something that I don't understand (and that you don't either) when we're paying PJ to do it?

When you say, "we weren't bad," is that because you really mean "we were terrible?" :D

. . . to do. Replacing the defensive staff!

Go Jackets!

Did I miss the memo? is our regular season over yet?

We are have a great shot to go to our first Orange Bowl in over 40 years and we should be following what UGA is doing?

:fingersx:

Back