Richt does what Johnson needs . . .

How many have been won because our offense had to outscore the other team by some means? And I know this sounds stupid, but you must know what I mean if you have watched any of the games this year.

Also Ncjacket, I don't see why you try to defend Wommack. He's not worth a ****. And I know you're not directly defending him, but you also know what I mean.

We played pretty fair D for most of the year last year. However, when JWD and Reese went down, our DB suffered badly. Also, our young LB's had trouble againt larger, more experienced OL adn RB's.

This year, our DL has been very inconsistent due to youth and being undersized, that accompanies that youth. Our LB's have been banged up as have our young DB corps. We've had in the neighborhood of 10 defensive players out this year for whole games.

All this takes a toll, but yes, we have to shore up that unit. He deserves another year to get it together.

My point is that I don't care who the DC is but I'm also not dumb enough to think I know what the issue is. Wommack has had great defenses in his career and we weren't bad last season. If PJ thinks he needs to go he will. Otherwise why whine and moan about something that I don't understand (and that you don't either) when we're paying PJ to do it?

Really? Is that why he's been fired so many times and why we hired him from SOUTHERN MISS?

Rumor Control. From http://www.footballscoop.com

Georgia:
In terms of the defensive coordinator position, our sources tell us head coach Mark Richt will almost certainly ask for permission to talk with Kansas State defensive coordinator Vic Koenning, Duke defensive coordinator Mike MacIntrye, and Georgia State defensive coordinator John Thompson.

I believed in Wommack and wanted him to suceed but he has not demonstrated he can get the best out of our talent in fact he has demonstrated just the opposite that his side of the ball underachieves. We can't make a change until after the bowl game so I am not suggesting that.

I can tell you this, we have seen the best Dave and his crew have to offer, and that is just not good enough to get us where Coach Johnson wants to take us. We might sneak by this weekend and in the bowl game and I pray that we do, but deep down inside, you and I know that we can not count on our defense to get it done when it has to get done. In fact, based on performance to date, I have the expectation that we won't get it done when we have to on D.

There is no reason we can not make dramatic improvement on defense. In fact we must if we expect to be the team we can potentially become, a National Championship Team. Our defense is the main reason we get no respect nationally. It is a liability that no one in the media is willing to insure. Coach Johnson needs to fix this problem.

Go Jackets!

. . . to do. Replacing the defensive staff!

Go Jackets!

That's ridiculous. Richt is 7-5...PJ is 10-2. Comparing these 2 situations is comparing apples to oranges.

GT is clearly a better team than we were last year. PJ has things headed in the right direction. Things are clearly headed in the wrong direction at UGA.

Amazes me that we are 10-2 in PJs 2nd year and everyone is calling for coaching changes.

Why does everyone have so much confidence in PJ on offense but not on defense. PJ is a genius at reading defenses and adjusting. The man knows alot about defense and if he ever feels that a change in defensive coaches is necessary...I'm sure he'll make the change.

So give it a rest. PJ is the head coach. He is utlimately reponsible for what goes right/wrong. He is just as responsible for our defensive woes as Wommack.

The man shouldn't need to do defensive changes. And if you think there isn't a problem with our defense, then you are just dumb. Sorry. CPJ has said in his radio show in the past few weeks that he has never had to be involved with the defense as much as he has had to this year. That is very telling.

Really? Is that why he's been fired so many times and why we hired him from SOUTHERN MISS?
Do a little research and check your reading comprehension. He had some great defenses at Sou Miss when he was DC. There's no reason to ignore fact just because they don't fit your scenario. My guess though is PJ already knows what he's going to do, he just isn't going to do anything until the season is over.

Do a little research and check your reading comprehension. He had some great defenses at Sou Miss when he was DC. There's no reason to ignore fact just because they don't fit your scenario. My guess though is PJ already knows what he's going to do, he just isn't going to do anything until the season is over.

Right, because having a decent defense in Conference USA is good, isn't it?

Do a little research and check your reading comprehension. He had some great defenses at Sou Miss when he was DC.

Yeah in 1999 and 2000 (only two years). Then Arkansas hired him and the defense perished under his rule as DC, leaving them with a 76th ranked defense. Arkansas fired him (2004), and that was the last time he was a defensive coordinator until we picked him up.

His resume is far from impressive, but if CPJ wants to keep him, so be it because he knows more than me.

Do a little research and you'll find he wasn't DC at So. Miss when we hired him.

Do a little research and you'll find he wasn't DC at So. Miss when we hired him.
I didn't say he was. My only point is that he has had great defenses (not just good) in the past. What happened at Arky may have been him and may not have. But you can't say he's never produced because he clearly has. Like I said before, I couldn't care less if he stays or goes. My only point is that PJ knows what he wants to do and knows why we have struggled this year. He will make his decision at the right time, either to keep him or let him go, and I'm okay with whatever PJ wants.

Bingo. Our 2 loss season is IN SPITE of our defense.

AND...he had the ACC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR to work with

AND...

he had the benefit of being DC of the #1 ranked team in the nation (in terms of T.O.P).

I think he stays another year. Other than DMorgan, we had NOONE else on the line half as good as last year.

Back