Richt does what Johnson needs . . .

I did. And I have the PTSS to prove it :-)

What I saw Saturday night cannot be explained by comparing the relative sizes of our respective lines.

If UGa were running up the middle all night then yes - but they were running outside (there was the one big run up the gut) which, one would think, present an advantage to a smaller, faster DL.

And I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing even one stunt all night from our DL. UGa never even bothered pulling - we would just engage the OL right in front of him and get pancaked.
Nah, they were mainly going off tackle and they were pulling linemen, at least part of the time.

So PJ has one bad game...although I will argue that he HAD the correct play calling and our guys just missed blocks...what happened after that game? Didn't have another bad offensive performance since this year.

Wommack has had back to back to back bad games on defense, with missed assignments, poor schemes, and NOTHING has been done. For the first half of the season the common quote was 'simplifying the defense'. This means that Wommack can NOT get players to do what needs to be done.

If you think that the Clemson game earlier this year wasn't a bad offensive performance...you should go back and review the stats. Not a single sustained offensive drive that resulted in a TD (1 big play by AA).

I personally hope that it's a DC problem. If our defensive talent is so bad that it's responsible for how absolutely lost we looked against Florida State - then we may need to hold open tryouts for defense this spring.

I personally hope that it's a DC problem. If our defensive talent is so bad that it's responsible for how absolutely lost we looked against Florida State - then we may need to hold open tryouts for defense this spring.
I don't know about FSU, but against Georgia we just looked like we were getting blown off the ball and not ever getting off blocks, hence Burnett had to make all the tackles. They also ran away from Morgan, smart.

I don't know about FSU, but against Georgia we just looked like we were getting blown off the ball and not ever getting off blocks, hence Burnett had to make all the tackles. They also ran away from Morgan, smart.

The Georgia game was a physical manhandling. Against Florida State, we were 10-20 yards out of position on every single play. I hated seeing us get pushed around by UGAg, but we looked clueless - utterly oblivious in Tallahassee.

Back