Right had another good coaching night against us

richt.0.gif
Mark Richt has lost control of Mark Richt.

Just watched the game on TV and the sideline reporter asked Richt who clarified that they rugby kick to do exactly what it did - hit the receiving team in the back and create a turnover. If you go back and watch it, it sort of looks like the punter was actually aiming for Cottrell. Missed him but got a lucky bounce.
Still calling BS. That punt only got 8ft or so off the ground and travelled about 20 yd before it hit the ground. You also have the opportunity to hit one of your own guys there. If that happens its blown dead and we get good field position. If the ball is still moving after it hits one of them it is still live for us to pick up and run, with all or most defenders already past going the opposite direction. The last option is it touches nobody and makes it to our PR and he has a better chance for a decent return because you had zero hangtime. So out of 4 possible outcomes, 3 are not very good for the kicking team, and the 4th is highly unlikely to happen. The kick has to hit someone AND be recovered. I just dont believe it was on purpose.

Still calling BS. That punt only got 8ft or so off the ground and travelled about 20 yd before it hit the ground. You also have the opportunity to hit one of your own guys there. If that happens its blown dead and we get good field position. If the ball is still moving after it hits one of them it is still live for us to pick up and run, with all or most defenders already past going the opposite direction. The last option is it touches nobody and makes it to our PR and he has a better chance for a decent return because you had zero hangtime. So out of 4 possible outcomes, 3 are not very good for the kicking team, and the 4th is highly unlikely to happen. The kick has to hit someone AND be recovered. I just dont believe it was on purpose.

Always take credit for a ööööup that ended up turning out in your favor. That’s a basic rule of life.

Good field position would have been the thirty with a minute to go. No way we try and move the ball. Hence why it was a good call.

Funny how between the entire fanbases of GT and Miami, you are the only one advocating for Mark Richt.

That should be telling you something.

Good field position would have been the thirty with a minute to go. No way we try and move the ball. Hence why it was a good call.
Wut. There was 2:26 left on the clock and UM had all 3 timeouts left. If you pin us deep and use timeouts you get a chance to get it back. If you do the low rugby kick, hit your own guy and we get the ball at the 40 or so, then even if we don't move it and have to punt, we still can pin you deep and make you drive the field with 0 timeouts. It was not a good call to make, if in fact it was planned.

I was surprised Miami didn't let us score a TD on our last drive, save the timeouts, and go for a score and an onside kick

I was surprised Miami didn't let us score a TD on our last drive, save the timeouts, and go for a score and an onside kick
That made sense in 2010 because it was still a one score game after the gimme TD. Not the case here.

Funny how between the entire fanbases of GT and Miami, you are the only one advocating for Mark Richt.

That should be telling you something.
He is a good coach and dominated us. He has the best record at Uga I think but just hasn’t won the big one. Miami fans would be foolish to dump him too quickly.

He is a good coach and dominated us. He has the best record at Uga I think but just hasn’t won the big one. Miami fans would be foolish to dump him too quickly.
If I were you, I'd sign up on the Miami board and enlighten them before they make a big mistake. I'm sure they would come around to your point of view of you stayed with it long enough.

If I were you, I'd sign up on the Miami board and enlighten them before they make a big mistake. I'm sure they would come around to your point of view of you stayed with it long enough.
You have to convince them you're a UM fan though, so you might want to say "öööö" a lot.

If I were you, I'd sign up on the Miami board and enlighten them before they make a big mistake. I'm sure they would come around to your point of view of you stayed with it long enough
You have to convince them you're a UM fan though, so you might want to say "öööö" a lot.
I am quite sure that you were in the gutter with them when we lost to USF, et al early in the year.

Back