Right had another good coaching night against us

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
I'm curious why Miamah stopped doing their scary rugby punt in the 2nd half? Maybe they only do it if we give them a certain look and we stopped giving it to them? I dunno but I sure was glad they stopped doing it.

I didn't see this either, was this from Saturday? Regardless of when it was, how the hell did he not get flagged for putting his hand's on a ref? I thought that was one of the biggest no-no's there is?
Someone should speed up the footage, because, technically, it’s not altering the video.

I'm curious why Miamah stopped doing their scary rugby punt in the 2nd half? Maybe they only do it if we give them a certain look and we stopped giving it to them? I dunno but I sure was glad they stopped doing it.
CPJ talked about it in the press conference after the game. He said that at halftime he told the special teams to "stop trying to get a return and just rush the punter".

/

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I didn't see this either, was this from Saturday? Regardless of when it was, how the hell did he not get flagged for putting his hand's on a ref? I thought that was one of the biggest no-no's there is?
Video is from last year's Orange Bowl vs. Wisconsin. Richt was not rocking the facial hair Saturday. He was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Dunno if he was fined. If the U can win one more game, he can get triggered at the Bad Boy Mowers Bowl this year.

madRazor

Hard
This is what I'm thinking. The first wasn't nearly as low. They were gifted that on a terribly executed punt.
Shows how bad their season is going that he tried to take credit for it like it was some kind of called play. "Oh we noticed that the return team is always running back to block, instead of watching the flight of the punt" ... oh yeah? no öööö, just like every other return team on every other punt in history...

And (seemingly every) other year that is the kind of in game bad break we don't bounce back from, and we go on to lose a heartbreaker. Kudos to the team for not letting that TOTALLY LUCKY UNCALLED MISTAKE PLAY get them down.

Shows how bad their season is going that he tried to take credit for it like it was some kind of called play. "Oh we noticed that the return team is always running back to block, instead of watching the flight of the punt" ... oh yeah? no öööö, just like every other return team on every other punt in history...

And (seemingly every) other year that is the kind of in game bad break we don't bounce back from, and we go on to lose a heartbreaker. Kudos to the team for not letting that TOTALLY LUCKY UNCALLED MISTAKE PLAY get them down.
Richt is so good he outsmarted himself.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
With the rugby style punt you do have to wait to see the kick and them react accordingly. Running with your back to the rugby kick is fundamentally poor.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I'm still not believing it was on purpose, though. That punter was all over the place in different ways all night. They got lucky on that one.

JRjr

AE 87

Dodd-Like
CPJ talked about it in the press conference after the game. He said that at halftime he told the special teams to "stop trying to get a return and just rush the punter".

/
It would've been great to rush 10 and fair catch.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
What if I told you that the low rugby punt was completely by accident?
Just watched the game on TV and the sideline reporter asked Richt who clarified that they rugby kick to do exactly what it did - hit the receiving team in the back and create a turnover. If you go back and watch it, it sort of looks like the punter was actually aiming for Cottrell. Missed him but got a lucky bounce.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Put him at Navy and see how he does? How bout putting Saben at Navy and see if he beats ND?