Rivals top 10

F

flushed 01

Recruiting class has 7 SEC teams in it. That means all 7 of those teams outrecruited the following; Clemson, Uscw,Ucla,Oregon,Mich, Mich St,Texas,Texas Tech,Oklahoma, Oklahoma St,Arizona, Arizona St,Kansas St and Wisconsin. That just did not happen, its all about MONEY, subscriptions and SECSPN.

Recruiting class has 7 SEC teams in it. That means all 7 of those teams outrecruited the following; Clemson, Uscw,Ucla,Oregon,Mich, Mich St,Texas,Texas Tech,Oklahoma, Oklahoma St,Arizona, Arizona St,Kansas St and Wisconsin. That just did not happen, its all about MONEY, subscriptions and SECSPN.

Agreed, but it's also somewhat about numbers. I mean, didn't Tennessee pick up something like 36 players?

Most of those SEC teams usually back it up with double digit wins every year. Not to mention appearances in the Championship game.

The 5-part Sports Illustrated series on Oklahoma State football is SOOOOOOOOOO D*mning...IMO...it just might bring the whole
D1 football factory "system" down.

The 5-part Sports Illustrated series on Oklahoma State football is SOOOOOOOOOO D*mning...IMO...it just might bring the whole
D1 football factory "system" down.

lol

No it won't. It's already been forgotten.

Here's what all high school recruits ever hear...

Jesse Palmer: "Well, you know what they say about the SEC. In the SEC, it's so hard finding SEC guys to plug into these SEC schools and play for SEC Championships year in and year out in the SEC. If I had an SEC caliber son, I know for a fact he'd be playing in the best SEC school available for him in the SEC. SEC."

Pollock: "Oh, SEC I agree with that SEC SEC. I can't SEC without getting my SEC on in the morning. LOL. SEC."

Go find a current article on how many players are run through the SEC system every five years. The last I remember, Tech signed 100 recruits over the last 5 years and Alabama and LSU signed 135.

(If Duke was bringing in 35% more recruits than us, they be better than us too.)

Rankings are certainly based on quality of recruit and there are a lot of quality recruits in the southeast, but quantity matters too. Until the NCAA insists on some measure of real student athletes, and the easiest way to do that is to restrict total recruits over any five year period to say 100, then this charade will continue forever. And college football's bubble will happen one day as the other 90 schools will get sick of it.

But until then, Tech should do the same thing. We didn't write the rules and top competition is killing us.

Rivals should also post their top ten subscriber sites and lets see the comparison. I bet all 7 of those SEC teams are in it. # of Subscribers = Favoritism. These sites aren't dumb. This has been going on for years.

Without looking I would guess 5 of the 7 are Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, and A&M.

don't know who the other 2 are but considering 4 of them have multiple MNCs since about 2004 (I think, for LSU) and the other is one of the two big schools in TX, that's not all that outrageous

and throw in UGA who has the pick of the dumber kids in a top 5 recruiting state and that only leaves one iffy one, which I guess is TN with 36

doesn't sound that outrageous when you look at who they are

edit, I forgot, Aubrun didn't win so only 3 have multiple MNCs

Most of those SEC teams usually back it up with double digit wins every year. Not to mention appearances in the Championship game.

Except for the fact that they don't you're absolutely right.

Every 5* athlete Nick Saban has recruited since he started at Alabama has been a first round draft pick. The SEC produces more NFL players than every other conference, and yes I realize the ACC is second. The SEC has a dominant bowl record in BCS Bowls, including a string of 7 straight national championships, and yes I realize they lost both of their BCS bowls this season.

I realize there are quality teams out there in every conference, but if I am a top recruit looking to best my chances in reaching the NFL, I am going to sit behind 3 guys at Alabama, put on all the right measurables, play my 1-2 full seasons, and go to the draft. That is a no brainer.

The recruiting sites may play homer to some schools, but it is a lie to say the best talent exists outside the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every 5* athlete Nick Saban has recruited since he started at Alabama has been a first round draft pick. The SEC produces more NFL players than every other conference, and yes I realize the ACC is second. The SEC has a dominant bowl record in BCS Bowls, including a string of 7 straight national championships, and yes I realize they lost both of their BCS bowls this season.

I realize there are quality teams out there in every conference, but if I am a top recruit looking to best my chances in reaching the NFL, I am going to sit behind 3 guys at Alabama, put on all the right measurables, play my 1-2 full seasons, and go to the draft. That is a no brainer.

The recruiting sites may play homer to some schools, but it is a lie to say the best talent exists outside the SEC.

That's because the media told us so. The SEC has always been really good. The media(ESPN) has turned it into the pinnacle of college football...and it's horrible for the game.

Yes we all now know just how amazing the NFL star Trent Richardson is. The NFL Front Offices buy the hype as much as anyone else. You hear about guys "doing things in the SEC." Ergo they're good...gimme a break.

The SEC should win their bowl games they're all virtual home games!

How many BCS championship games did they play in? BCS bowl games?

Pansy conference, easy wins.
Thats easy to say, compare them with Ole Miss, Miss st, Kentucky, Arkansas Vanderbilt and TN, no one is saying Lsu Ala and perhaps Auburn arent deserving but the ole SEC isnt 3 teams.

College football is out of balance. You need great teams balanced out in all the conferences to make it even. This will eventually hurt college football in general.

Back