Rivals top 10

College football is out of balance. You need great teams balanced out in all the conferences to make it even. This will eventually hurt college football in general.

What are you talking about? An ACC team just won the National Championship. Over-worshipped Alabama just lost to a Big 12 team. Michigan State, a Big 10 team, topped Stanford. Oregon whooped Texas. Clemson beat Ohio State.

Where is this the lack of parity?

Every 5* athlete Nick Saban has recruited since he started at Alabama has been a first round draft pick.

Per Rivals, 5 stars to sign with Alabama since Dark Lord Saban began his rule:

2008- Julio Jones (check)
Tyler Love (not drafted)
Burton Scott (not drafted)

2009-D.J. Fluker (check)
Nico Johnson (fourth round)
Dre Kirkpatrick (check)
Trent Richardson (check)

2010-Dee Milliner (check)

2011-Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Cyrus Kouandjio
Demetrius Hart

The SEC has a dominant bowl record in BCS Bowls, including a string of 7 straight national championships, and yes I realize they lost both of their BCS bowls this season

SEC won the MNC this year per ESPN

I can't believe anybody would actually take the rankings of recruiting classes seriously.

The margin for error is astronomical and, obviously, the bias leans to the majority of the subscriber base.

The top ten recruiting teams get the five star athletes that more than not have an NFL future. If you were a future NFL'er and you were to pick a school to spend three years at you are not going to TECH. I think that those kids are looking for an easy curriculum and pretty girls and a nice environment. Tuscaloosa is a pretty town with pretty girls so is Athens. TECH is a tough environment with just a few pretty girls. The girls at TECH are lovely, just not many of them. TECH will never win a recruiting top ten.

TECH will never win a recruiting top ten.
True but I think the point of the thread is that even if we did, they wouldn't give it to us until and unless they had at least SEC teams ranked in front of us.

ESPN and the SEC are locked in a 69 death spiral.

Per Rivals, 5 stars to sign with Alabama since Dark Lord Saban began his rule:

2008- Julio Jones (check)
Tyler Love (not drafted)
Burton Scott (not drafted)

2009-D.J. Fluker (check)
Nico Johnson (fourth round)
Dre Kirkpatrick (check)
Trent Richardson (check)

2010-Dee Milliner (check)

2011-Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Cyrus Kouandjio
Demetrius Hart

Thank you for the fact check; I apologize for lying in my previous post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another nugget--
GA is the state where the MOST of sec recruits came from this yr-15%
no wonder we can't get ahead

Another nugget--
GA is the state where the MOST of sec recruits came from this yr-15%
no wonder we can't get ahead

Another nugget--
GA was 45th in SAT scores last year.
No wonder we can't get ahead.

The top ten recruiting teams get the five star athletes that more than not have an NFL future. If you were a future NFL'er and you were to pick a school to spend three years at you are not going to TECH. I think that those kids are looking for an easy curriculum and pretty girls and a nice environment. Tuscaloosa is a pretty town with pretty girls so is Athens. TECH is a tough environment with just a few pretty girls. The girls at TECH are lovely, just not many of them. TECH will never win a recruiting top ten.

Although this may be wholey accurate, their are PLENTY of girls in Atlanta. Athens may have 15,000 young women running around. Atlanta, in the same age group, probably has 200,000.

And you are old like me. On campus today, I can find what used to be the prettiest girl in the 1970's within five minutes. What used to take a whole year (first warm spring day), now takes five minutes.

I am pissed that Tech won't compete more, but this is a non-issue. Now does Alabama hire hookers to be the local hosts or something like that? Hmmm, we don't need to go that far.

Thank you for the fact check; I apologize for lying in my previous post.

SoS, I'm not accusing you of lying. In fact, you are mostly on target. It's just a warning of issuing blanket statements. The majority, large majority of Little Nicky's 5 Star guys have been first rounders. But just not all of them. And his 5 star guys from the most recent recruiting class to be draft eligible very likely will be.
Just not a big fan of blanket statements, like the idiots on TV news who say, "Everybody is talking about" fill in the blank. As if they called every last swinging dick on the phone to find out WTF they're talking about.

SoS, I'm not accusing you of lying. In fact, you are mostly on target. It's just a warning of issuing blanket statements. The majority, large majority of Little Nicky's 5 Star guys have been first rounders. But just not all of them. And his 5 star guys from the most recent recruiting class to be draft eligible very likely will be.
Just not a big fan of blanket statements, like the idiots on TV news who say, "Everybody is talking about" fill in the blank. As if they called every last swinging dick on the phone to find out WTF they're talking about.

I know - perhaps I should have apologized for generalizations. Either way I appreciate the fact check.

The high SEC rankings indicate a higher proportion of partial qualifiers and such as much as quality of recruits.

Sure, I would expect the SEC to far outpace other conferences, but does anyone expect the SEC to be 7/10 of the top 10 teams in a few years?

I know - perhaps I should have apologized for generalizations. Either way I appreciate the fact check.

Nah, though it just does seem that way for Bammie and Oberst Saban, ja?
Still, I think it also prompted me to look up if being a 5 star does translate into first-round selection, and if being a 5-star recruit leads to being an all-American. From this year's A-A, it's heavy in 4 and 3 star kids.

Back