Road games 2021

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I just saw a GT alumni Facebook ad for a travel package to the Notre Dame game. First actual indication I’ve seen that road games may be a viable option this fall. (Given the number of visiting fans in BDS last season, I guess I could have tried to scalp tix to some of our road games, but they weren’t available through normal channels.)

JRjr

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
If you have not attended a game at Notre Dame, go.

I went to the GT ND game back in 2006 (Dwyer's first game) and we won 33-6. But that's not really the point.

The campus is a sight to behold and their fans are exemplary - every ND fan upon seeing your visiting garb will say "Welcome to Notre Dame".

Its bucket-list worthy - just go.

Beeski

Dodd-Like
South Bend will not be very pleasant in November......but I agree with 00Burdell.....its a Bucket List road trip.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.

I went to the GT ND game back in 2006 (Dwyer's first game) and we won 33-6. But that's not really the point.

The campus is a sight to behold and their fans are exemplary - every ND fan upon seeing your visiting garb will say "Welcome to Notre Dame".

Imo, south bend and notre dame are highly overrated. The tailgating sucks, the girls are chubby, the stadium is meh, they pump loud music over the PA constantly, and the fans think they are God's gift to football and you are so privileged to be able walk around their Eden for an afternoon.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I’ve been to Notre Dame twice, and my experience was more like Architorture’s - bunch of arrogant, smug jerks that think you should be grateful that they let you play on the same field as them.

JRjr

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
South Bend is definitely worth the trip. It's a bit of a pain to get there, but definitely a "bucket list" item as others have stated.

I actually may try a road trip up to Duke again this Fall. I enjoy the easy trips and have some fellow GT friends living in Raleigh.

BeerNutts

Not a Noob

I was there too, lots of fun, and I agree with everything you said (except the 2006 part ;).

goldbybirth

This space for rent
I was at the 1997 game. It was the first game in their renovated stadium and we almost won.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Imo, south bend and notre dame are highly overrated. The tailgating sucks, the girls are chubby, the stadium is meh, they pump loud music over the PA constantly, and the fans think they are God's gift to football and you are so privileged to be able walk around their Eden for an afternoon.
Effective Tailgating only requires about 30 square feet of open grass/pavement; everything else is on you

If you had a bad tailgate, its because you yourself don’t know how to tailgate and planned a ööööty ööööing event.

Drove to ND in 07 and had a great tailgate in a massive grass lot. Grilled out, was blitzed by 9 am; sunburnt by noon, met a big group of coeds (UM fans actually) and beat the hell out of the Irish

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
Effective Tailgating only requires about 30 square feet of open grass/pavement; everything else is on you

If you had a bad tailgate, its because you yourself don’t know how to tailgate and planned a ööööty ööööing event.

Drove to ND in 07 and had a great tailgate in a massive grass lot. Grilled out, was blitzed by 9 am; sunburnt by noon, met a big group of coeds (UM fans actually) and beat the hell out of the Irish
Not gonna bring up the trip home eh? :facepalm:

18in32

Petard Hoister
Wow, I could not disagree more. That 2007 game was the worst home opener loss in ND history, but the fans were incredibly polite and complimentary. They also all stayed to the end, despite the beat down they took. The stadium is beautiful and very old-fashioned, which of course I love. The music I have no recollection of. I think I've been up there twice and never met a single ND fan who wasn't friendly and engaging. A fantastic experience and could not recommend it more highly.

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
I got heckled a few times in 2007, but it wasn't in the same universe as uga or a few other places.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
South Bend is definitely worth the trip. It's a bit of a pain to get there, but definitely a "bucket list" item as others have stated.

I actually may try a road trip up to Duke again this Fall. I enjoy the easy trips and have some fellow GT friends living in Raleigh.
you better have a cardboard cut-out of yourself made just in case, given it's Duke :biggrin: